We were quick to run Henry out of town, now we want to run Willis out

bluv

Exactly! ANd why base all this on speculation of a holdout? What leverage does WM have? It's not like he has came off a great year or two and has been franchised! His only leverage option is to go out and put it all out on th field in 2007. Some say if he has a good year in 2007 we will not be able to sgn him and let him walk and get nothing in return. If he does that then we will be a better team in 2007! Then we need to worry about is he worth signing to a big money contract. I'll just say that I don't want to go into 2007 with subpar RB's when we have a top 10 caliber equivalent TALENT RB on our team who has underachieved on a subpar offense without getting proper compensation in return; I'd rather take my chances with WM and see if he can turn it around if we don't get at least a 2nd rnd pick.

What exactly has he done for you to claim that he is a top 10 caliber back?

Both deserved to be ran out of Buffalo. Niether are Buffalo. Both had and have character issues. Travis was charged with sexual misconduct or whatever. And Willis thinks Willis is the greatest, so great that he doesn't have to put in that extra effort and learn the fuggin playbook. Fug em both.

Dude, if WM does not sign and is still a Bill in July, He will hold out!! There is no speculation, that's a fact. That's the way contract negotiation work unfortunately.

Drew Rosenhaus is no fool.

Willis needs to play well in 2007 in order to get that big contract.

The Bills are basically making it clear they will have a backup plan in place if Willis gets hurt or holds out. Thus, eliminating any leverage Willis would have by holding out.

Drew may play hardball- but he will have Willis in camp on time in 2007.

Bills should keep Willis unless they get a high 2nd round pick.

especially with his wicked stiff arm.

????Quick tell me what year it was the last time you saw that wicked stiff arm? he stopped using altogether for some reason that I still can't figure out. I agree with you that he had a wicked stiff arm. Unlike you though, I think he no longer posses it. I'm guessing he hurt a finger one too many times and stopped it.

We should not have traded Henry, and frankly we should not have drafted Willis. I think we'd have been wise to admit our mistake and sign Henry before Denver did...but water under the dam, spilt milk and all that. Willis wanted to renegotiate his contract and ML wasn't putting up with him or Rosenhaus or with a silly holdout...so he put willis on the market. The market essentially humiliated Willis. I was listening to NFL on Sirius the last few days and when they talk about running backs they always mention the back leaving, the back under consideration and then say.."and some other guys" Willis is always in the "and some other guys" category. HUMILIATING and SOBERING...for him and his agent. I'd hold for a second or low first and if I don't get it, let him prove his worth with us.