McGahee leaving hopefully means Evans is staying

I suspect that one of the key reasons they're looking to deal Willis now is that they have already decided that they would prefer to pay Evans with an extension, not Willis. IMO this needs to be done ASAP. Evans should get a bit less than the extension Andre Johnson just received. There is no reason to wait if you're the Bills. Evans is clearly still on the rise and, as other posters have pointed out, the Bills' biggest problem over the last two decades has been their failure to sign quality skill position players to second and third contracts after their rookie contracts.

GIT 'ER DONE.

I suspect that one of the key reasons they're looking to deal Willis now is that they have already decided that they would prefer to pay Evans with an extension, not Willis. IMO this needs to be done ASAP. Evans should get a bit less than the extension Andre Johnson just received. There is no reason to wait if you're the Bills. Evans is clearly still on the rise and, as other posters have pointed out, the Bills' biggest problem over the last two decades has been their failure to sign quality skill position players to second and third contracts after their rookie contracts.

GIT 'ER DONE.

ditto for jp.....longer you wait the higher the price goes

GIT 'ER DONE.

Willis has nothing to do with Evan's contract extension. The Bills never intended to extend Willis' contract so what's the logic here?

GIT 'ER DONE.

Willis has nothing to do with Evan's contract extension. The Bills never intended to extend Willis' contract so what's the logic here?

Since you posted the same question twice I'll respond - Willis has everything to do with Evans' contract extension. Both players are entering the last year of their deals (b/c Evans has a void option, if I recall correctly), as is JP, and there is a limited pool of funds to pay for their extensions. Marv & Co. made a conscious choice, hopefully, that Evans and JP will be extended and Willis won't. It's simple.

I really don't see the need to do this right now. Lee Evans is under contract for the next three seasons, Losman for the next two. Its possible that there are options to void in those contracts, but this is the first I've heard of it and would have to see some confirmation of it.