Peerless Price

ROCCEO

In 2002, the bills have no number 1 pick, because the year before they had traded for Drew Bledsoe. This move lead to Peerless Price's breakout season. Rather than lose PP in free agency, the buffalo bills decide to place the franchise tag on him. Eventually Price is traded to Atlanta for their first round pick that year. The bills are now back in the first round.

Shcoking everybody, they select Willis McGahee, a gimpy Miami RB. Prior to his injury WM was slated to go no lower than #3 overall to Houston(if not #2 to teh Lions). McGahee sits out all of 2003(although I believe he was on the active roster after coming off the PUP list, but either never dressed or never played).

Forward to 2007. Peerless flops in Atlanta and Dallas. He returns to Buffalo in an attempt to salvage his career(so far, not too bad). In hindsight that Peerless trade was highway robbery. So we have this "problem", who is essentially a glorified gift from the football Gods so long as he doesnt singlehandedly implode the franchise. Meanwhile his departure appears imminant. Baltimore is ready to cough up a 2nd round pick for him(and possibly more). If this trade goes down , then over a 5 year period we made a deal where we would lose Peerless Prices services in exchange for approximately 3000 decent(sometimes exciting) yards of RB AND Baltimores 2007 2nd and 5th round picks.

Or more simply,.

If we get these extra picks in will be entirely in part because the Atlanta Falcons once liked Peerless Price to the point that they traded a first round pick for him.

and with that being said, despite once being a major willis supporter(as recently as january), I would highly support this move by Marv & co.

I guess it washes, at the time trading for bledsoe certainly didnt seem like a bad move.

Plus, the point is that if we hadnt done that, its highly unlikely that peerless wouldve put up the numbers he did, therefore we would not have been able to trade him for a 1st.

... I removed the sun-dried tomatoes.... am I still going to Hell?

they're delicious.....really(huge in europe too)

Also, as far as larry johnson, hindsight is 20/20, in 2001 we couldve drafted Levi Brown, but he was considered a reach by the bengals at 10 i believe. We could play that game all day. Portis was a 2nd round pick in 01 that we couldve picked instead of Josh Reed, wouldnt that have been excellent?

What if we hadn't traded for Rob Johnson......the list goes on

I guess it washes, at the time trading for bledsoe certainly didnt seem like a bad move.

Plus, the point is that if we hadnt done that, its highly unlikely that peerless wouldve put up the numbers he did, therefore we would not have been able to trade him for a 1st.

Even in retrospect, I think trading for Bledsoe was a wash as on the field he deserved the Pro Bowl reserve slot he got in 2002 as he led the the Bills to scoring the 2nd largest increase in Ws in NFL history to that point. This was true even though Belicheck knew his weaknesses like a book and exploited him to the tune of two Pats wins that season and his Bills still finished 8-8 (ironically the loss of Bledsoe was a big contributor to the Pats missing the playoffs that year as the accelerated cap hit the Pats took was a major factor in them being unable to sign the FAs they wanted and repetitively use to forge champions. Clearly keeping Brady and losing Bledsoe was the correct move in the big picture, but this move clearly cost the Pats big time in 2002).

He matched his very good year in 2002 with an incredibly stinky effort in 2003. The mistake the Bills made was TD's decision to extend his contract in 2004 and he even worsened the effect of this idiocy by then turning around and cutting Bledsoe and adding the insult of another accelerated cap hit to the injury of extending his contract in 04.

He matched his very good year in 2002 with an incredibly stinky effort in 2003. The mistake the Bills made was TD's decision to extend his contract in 2004 and he even worsened the effect of this idiocy by then turning around and cutting Bledsoe and adding the insult of another accelerated cap hit to the injury of extending his contract in 04.

As long as we are playing this game, how do we know, had Peerless stayed in Buffalo, he, and the Bills offense wouldn't have picked up where they left off the previous year, and maybe Bledsoes' 2003 effort wouldn't have looked so "incredibly stinky"? Or, are we assuming that Price's showing in Atlanta, and his extremely brief "oportunity" in Dallas were the result of him not being very good, or the result of him just being in a bad situation?

they're delicious.....really(huge in europe too)

Also, as far as larry johnson, hindsight is 20/20, in 2001 we couldve drafted Levi Brown, but he was considered a reach by the bengals at 10 i believe. We could play that game all day. Portis was a 2nd round pick in 01 that we couldve picked instead of Josh Reed, wouldnt that have been excellent?

What if we hadn't traded for Rob Johnson......the list goes on

Levi Jones. :devil: And there was a lot of howling here after that pick - I was one of 'em - when they bypassed the expected pick, CB Philip Buchanon. :rolleyes:

Can we at least get the years straight? Bills very much had a first round pick in 2002. They didn't have their own pick in 2003, due to the 2002 draft day trade for Bledsoe. Bledsoe = 2003 1st round pick.

Levi Jones. :devil: And there was a lot of howling here after that pick - I was one of 'em - when they bypassed the expected pick, CB Philip Buchanon. :rolleyes:

Can we at least get the years straight? Bills very much had a first round pick in 2002. They didn't have their own pick in 2003, due to the 2002 draft day trade for Bledsoe. Bledsoe = 2003 1st round pick.

Yeha Levi Jones, then right after him the colts picked freeney which at the time was absolute chaos.

Also, if i got years confused check the time i posted that topic, I apologize for any inaccuracies

Im glad peerless didnt stay in buffalo for many reasons, one of them being that at the end of the year our offense truly had been starting to tail off. Oh, how I do not miss ol' killdrive at all.

Yeha Levi Jones, then right after him the colts picked freeney which at the time was absolute chaos.

Yep, the big Freeney flap. Good call! :rolleyes:

BTW, your N. Blfo address code is the same one that I grew up in. It used to be Buffalo 23, NY, before the ZIP (Zone Improvement Program) codes were instituted. The telephone exchange back in the days when four families shared the same phone party line, was Ri (Riverside). :devil: