Defense

I wonder if Marv Levy is shopping McGahee just as a tactic to draw attention away from his real goals. To beef up the defense. :lol: I see multiple positions that we need to attend to. I believe this is where the real need is. Besides all of this running back talk is starting to really :lol: me off. Who is our next acquisition on defense?

I wonder if Marv Levy is shopping McGahee just as a tactic to draw attention away from his real goals. To beef up the defense. :blink: I see multiple positions that we need to attend to. I believe this is where the real need is. Besides all of this running back talk is starting to really :censored: me off. Who is our next acquisition on defense?

What holes do we have on defense?

I don't see us addressing defense at all in the rest of the offseason. That doesn't make sense.

No, they're equally important.

For all of the talk of upgrading a weak defense, its notable that the Bills have also finished 29th in total yardage offensively the last two seasons. Clearly, the additions of Dockery and Walker help, but there is more work to do. The Bills have several mediocre or average players offensively that could certainly stand to be replaced. There is a lot of work that needs to be done on both sides of the ball before this team is ready to compete at a high level.

WR's are fine, TE is fine, O-Line is now fine, QB is fine.

We need a FB, and we could use a better RB.

Defense, we're set at DE, DT we're waiting on McCargo, otherwise fine there.

LB we need a MLB, we need a veteran CB to teach Youboty, and we're perfect at safety.

...Did I miss anything? That's how I see this as...

I think another Tackle next to McCargo, a MLB and some help for Yobouty and McGee. Running back? We all ready have the best we are going to get. Maybe a backup if Anthony Thomas leaves. TE? Maybe. FB? OK, I didn't think of that. Sheldon seemed to slack off toward the end of the season. In order for this Cover 2 D to work, the interior linemen need to be able to penetrate. Most of the stops behind the line of scrimmage last year were from Defesive ends and from bringing up DBs or Linbackers. The interior linemen were weak. A great MLB would be nice. I'm worried about Takeo. Is he leaving? Is he able to produce if he stays? The more pressing need is Defense.

LB we need a MLB, we need a veteran CB to teach Youboty, and we're perfect at safety.

we're not fine at dt, I'm not banking of McCargo although I like his potential, but our run defense was putrid. We need 2 possibly 3 lb's. Corner someone to make sure Mcgee isn't our #1, and we can use a pure pass rusher in the de rotation. Schobel is no spring chicken and kelsay while a solid all around de is not a great pass rusher. We could use a better rb unfortunately there's none to be found unless you're trading up for adrian peterson. If worse comes to worse draft a Lorenzo Booker and plantoon this year and get your rb of the future next year.

I think another Tackle next to McCargo, a MLB and some help for Yobouty and McGee. Running back? We all ready have the best we are going to get. Maybe a backup if Anthony Thomas leaves. TE? Maybe. FB? OK, I didn't think of that. Sheldon seemed to slack off toward the end of the season. In order for this Cover 2 D to work, the interior linemen need to be able to penetrate. Most of the stops behind the line of scrimmage last year were from Defesive ends and from bringing up DBs or Linbackers. The interior linemen were weak. A great MLB would be nice. I'm worried about Takeo. Is he leaving? Is he able to produce if he stays? The more pressing need is Defense.

all this and not one mention about the huge CB problem right now?

I wonder if Marv Levy is shopping McGahee just as a tactic to draw attention away from his real goals. To beef up the defense. :blink: I see multiple positions that we need to attend to. I believe this is where the real need is. Besides all of this running back talk is starting to really :censored: me off. Who is our next acquisition on defense?

if we had an offence that could score more points our d will be ok with a litt le help form the draft

if we had an offence that could score more points our d will be ok with a litt le help form the draft

If we had a defense that could really shut down our opponents, our offense would be okay. At the end of the year we averaged about 20+ points a game I believe.

If we had a defense that could really shut down our opponents, our offense would be okay. At the end of the year we averaged about 20+ points a game I believe.

we should be lighting up the score board if we had someone that could run the ball .

Shoring up our porous run defence in '06 has to be a priority. Yeah, Indianapolis showed you can make the playoffs with a poor run defence, but the only way they won the Superbowl was to fix it during the playoffs.