MLB removes shirt because sox fans complain

millbank

Yankees fans will need more than a T-shirt to taunt the Red Sox.

A day before Boston and New York started the AL championship series, Major League Baseball recalled a T-shirt it had sanctioned because it rubbed Red Sox fans the wrong way.

The message on the shirt that drew the negative reaction read: "Hey Red Sox ... Who's your daddy?"

The shirt bears both a Yankees logo and a picture of a red pacifier with the letter "B" on it -- a reference to remarks Red Sox ace Pedro Martinez made after a recent loss to Boston's longtime rivals.

Who's your Daddy

Yankees do not need slogans, T-Shirts, long hair or profane chants from their fans to go out and win games. However, if they ban those T-Shirts, why don't they ban "Yankees Suck" (and worse) T-Shirts in Boston? Those are worse than "Whose your Daddy?" t-shirts and Pedro was the moron who said that to begin with. To top it off, MLB is a commie organization. That is 100% against free speech and free enterprise.

Yankees do not need slogans, T-Shirts, long hair or profane chants from their fans to go out and win games. However, if they ban those T-Shirts, why don't they ban "Yankees Suck" (and worse) T-Shirts in Boston? Those are worse than "Whose your Daddy?" t-shirts and Pedro was the moron who said that to begin with. To top it off, MLB is a commie organization. That is 100% against free speech and free enterprise.

66290[/snapback]

I saw a little girl with a "Yankees Suck" t-shirt on at the pats game. I had to laugh....she was so cute.

GO BILLS !!

GO YANKEES !!

OMG!  :huh:  Give me a break...its a shirt for crying out loud!  :)

So you would be OK with a RSox shirt that read "Electrocute the Yankees" ???

That would be 'Just a Shirt' too. Or would that be different??? :)

1st Shirt I saw was 'Boston Sucks' @ Skankee Stadium....... Not the other way around.

Sox fans are the worst, maybe only second to Pats fans. Complete a-holes. I mentioned this in a thread over the weekend, but I'll tell the story again, because I'm at work and no one is here yet.

Went to Safeco field in Seattle for an annual baseball trip in september. The Sox were there for a four game set. The mariners were roughly 30 games out of first place, and the few local fans that were there were there to see Ichiro and the hits record and Edgar martinez because he was retireing. For both games I went to, the lame-ass Sox fans taunted Ichiro, chanted ED-GAR, ED-GAR when that dude was up, and started a "Yankees suck" chant. A "yankees suck" chant at a Seattle Mariners game. Morons.

Sox fans find that offensive...but the 10,000 Giambi sucks and Jeter Swallows shirts are okay at Fenway

66575[/snapback]

of course it is, especially according to ESPN, who is CLEARLY BIASED and they arent supposed to be (they are a NATIONAL network, correct? the whole point to this is its laughable the Red Sox fans cry and whine about a shirt...just let the shirts be on both ends