Chris Brown and injuries

Brown is a very good runner with a history of injuries. People attribute that to his straight up running style, which is highly debatable. Over his career, he has had two toe injuries, an ankle and a hamstring, none of which is likely to do with his running style at all. The toe injuries may be troublesome as they often linger. But if the Bills docs think that he is 100%, I am not sure that his string of injuries is more flukish than chronic knee problems or not being tough enough.

He does, however, enjoy fumbling. And personally I would prefer to see what Willis would do with this line, as well as not have to fix an additional hole. But if we're going another direction, Brown, a #2 pick like Bush or Leonard or Hunt, and A Strain wouldn't be completely awful.

http://www.titansonline.com/team/players/bio.php?PRKey=96

Brown is a very good runner with a history of injuries. People attribute that to his straight up running style, which is highly debatable. Over his career, he has had two toe injuries, an ankle and a hamstring, none of which is likely to do with his running style at all. The toe injuries may be troublesome as they often linger. But if the Bills docs think that he is 100%, I am not sure that his string of injuries is more flukish than chronic knee problems or not being tough enough.

He does, however, enjoy fumbling. And personally I would prefer to see what Willis would do with this line, as well as not have to fix an additional hole. But if we're going another direction, Brown, a #2 pick like Bush or Leonard or Hunt, and A Strain wouldn't be completely awful.

http://www.titansonline.com/team/players/bio.php?PRKey=96

Brilliantly put, Ive been espousing this notion for a few days now, although perhaps never so clearly.

I geuss now Im obligated to say something like "git r dun marv"

I like Brown as a change-of-pace back or part of a RBBC -- just not as an every-down back. If used properly, in a Brian Westbrook type role, I think he can be a real playmaker.

I just question his durability.

In his career, he's only ever carried the ball more than 30 times in a game ONCE. He's also not a TD machine -- just 11 career rushing TDs. Also, aside from a that fine 2004 season in which he eclipsed the 1000 yard mark in just 11 starts, he's never cracked the 4.0 YPC mark for a season.

He is, however, a pretty good receiver. For example, back in 2005, when he had to share time with Travis, he caught 25 passes for 327 yards.

I like Brown as a change-of-pace back or part of a RBBC -- just not as an every-down back. If used properly, in a Brian Westbrook type role, I think he can be a real playmaker.

I just question his durability.

In his career, he's only ever carried the ball more than 30 times in a game ONCE. He's also not a TD machine -- just 11 career rushing TDs. Also, aside from a that fine 2004 season in which he eclipsed the 1000 yard mark in just 11 starts, he's never cracked the 4.0 YPC mark for a season.

He is, however, a pretty good receiver. For example, back in 2005, when he had to share time with Travis, he caught 25 passes for 327 yards.

And both he and Rhodes have been known to cough the ball up on a regular basis during their careers. Both average a fumble, roughly, once every 50 touches (runs and receps). Obviously those aren't all lost, but averaging a fumble every other game isn't a good thing.

Does anyone know what kind of contract Willis is seeking? If we can convince him to sign what Jones or Henry just did, I think that would be ok.

why would you give him anymore money now?

For anything less than a top 5 pick in the 2nd round, the Bills should keep Willis and let himplay for his next contract.

why would you give him anymore money now?

For anything less than a top 5 pick in the 2nd round, the Bills should keep Willis and let himplay for his next contract.

Because right now you can get him cheaper then if you allow him to play for his next contract. Right now his past numbers wouldn't get him a contract higher then what Henry signed, but given another season, he could rush for 1,500-2,000 yards behind a solid o-line and score 10-20 TD's and now you have to pay him some big money.

Because right now you can get him cheaper then if you allow him to play for his next contract. Right now his past numbers wouldn't get him a contract higher then what Henry signed, but given another season, he could rush for 1,500-2,000 yards behind a solid o-line and score 10-20 TD's and now you have to pay him some big money.

Like he's not going to hold out for more $$ if he does that regardless?

And if we're shopping for his replacement, we should at least know what he costs.

Does anyone know what kind of contract Willis is seeking? If we can convince him to sign what Jones or Henry just did, I think that would be ok.

I bet willis would get more $$$, hes younger, has more upside and is not in the league substance abuse treatment program.....as far as we know.