Marv seeking second round pick for McGahee

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10043397

"And last, but not least, there is the matter of McGahee, whom Buffalo has been shopping this offseason. Buffalo recently began shopping McGahee again, seeing if now that some running backs have found homes, other teams would be interested in its back.

Buffalo is looking for a first-day draft pick, preferably a second-round pick. One of the main reasons other teams have balked at surrendering it is that McGahee has one year remaining on his contract, and will be seeking a big-time contract as soon as this offseason.

But some team could get a great back for a cheap price. It's part of the process each team must weigh as the trade winds blow."

Schefter is probably the most reliable source for NFL-related "rumors"... so we'll see.

Did he just call McGahee a great back?

I had to read it twice myself. Willis is a good back. There are probably only two "great backs" in the league right now LT, LJ. I think that Stephen Jackson is on the verge of becoming great and Portis is in that neck of the woods.

I still have to believe that he will go to Green Bay. Baltimore just signed Smith to a one year deal and could be drafting there future back this year. That leaves very little for a Willis trade. At this point let him play out the year and draft his replacement now. Let the new RB learn the system and cut ties with WM. He is in his contract year so now its put up or shut up.

I had to read it twice myself. Willis is a good back. There are probably only two "great backs" in the league right now LT, LJ. I think that Stephen Jackson is on the verge of becoming great and Portis is in that neck of the woods.

For Portis to qualify as a great back he has to be on the field for more than 6 games a year. I would venture to say that he is middle of the pack.

i think he will be going to baltimore by the end of the day .

I disagree, anyone that takes WM knows he is going to want to get paid next year. They just re-signed Smith and will probably take a rookie RB that they can pay minimally. Baltimore has some cap issues with all the money they have tied up on defense.

I disagree, anyone that takes WM knows he is going to want to get paid next year. They just re-signed Smith and will probably take a rookie RB that they can pay minimally. Baltimore has some cap issues with all the money they have tied up on defense.

Musa Smith is a backup running back.

Smith has rushed for 232 yards in 4 years with the Ravens, is injury prone and signed a 1 year contract.

With McNair leading the offense and Lewis the defense-the Ravens "perceived" window of opportunity to win is closing ,they want to win NOW.

They are a strong possibility to trade for McGahee.

For Portis to qualify as a great back he has to be on the field for more than 6 games a year. I would venture to say that he is middle of the pack.

He's had one season where he struggled with injuries. During his career he's played in 16, 13, 15, 16 and 8 games. That's not bad for a workhorse #1 RB.

Musa Smith is a backup running back.

Smith has rushed for 232 yards in 4 years with the Ravens, is injury prone and signed a 1 year contract.

With McNair leading the offense and Lewis the defense-the Ravens "perceived" window of opportunity to win is closing ,they want to win NOW.

They are a strong possibility to trade for McGahee.

Its obvious that he is the back-up. What i am saying is if they trade for WM he will want a deal in place before camp. Baltimore does not have the cap space to sign him and theyre draft pool.

He's had one season where he struggled with injuries. During his career he's played in 16, 13, 15, 16 and 8 games. That's not bad for a workhorse #1 RB.

Hes missed 12 games in a 5 year career. I would say thats bad.

Hes missed 12 games in a 5 year career. I would say thats bad.

Yeah, having an injury that keeps you out of 8 games in one season is really "injury prone". He missed 4 games in 4 seasons before last year. The guy does not have injury issues.

Everyone is getting too caught up in this Musa Smith injruy prone vs. healthy argument..... it doesnt matter. Whether he is healthy or not the point is he is not a starting RB and Baltimore is not looking at him as one, period.

Frank Gore is also on the cusp.

Schefter is probably the most reliable source for NFL-related "rumors"... so we'll see.

If "most reliable" means "throws enough schitt out there that some of it sticks by happenstance" then I agree. None of the national guys ever seem to have a finger on the pulse of what the Bills are doing. None of them.

Everyone is getting too caught up in this Musa Smith injruy prone vs. healthy argument..... it doesnt matter. Whether he is healthy or not the point is he is not a starting RB and Baltimore is not looking at him as one, period.

They are talking about Portis, not Smith being reliable.