For draftniks only.

well he's a perfect safety - he probably wouldn't be a perfect CB, or maybe even that great of a CB. I generally think that it's always a big gamble to bank on a guy to be able to play a different position in the pros.

Landry might very well be a top-10 pick after the combine he just had

You shouldn't tie up your phone, Marv might be calling looking for your insights. I know it's crazy trying to convert a player's position, it would be a league first. Thanks for your input, I'll try not to think anymore.

One of the best safeties the bills ever had was a converted quarterback, George Saimes. I think we have to shore up the front seven more than anything right now. Okoye, Branch or Willis will make it down to us and whichever one it is is the one we should take for our first pick. Corner? I think Jonathon Wade of Tennessee is perhaps the fastest CB and may make it to the second round. I'm coming off my "go big" in putting him up as a selection, but he may be the answer to CB. I'm so impressed by Marv's free agency signings that I think we have some room in the second and third to look at "best player to fall" options.

my friend and i were talking last night and we laughingly decided the dumbest thing the Bills could do is draft a Safety and try to convert him or Whitner to CB...

Check out Terrance McGee's college scouting reports. He was praised as a safety...and panned for the 1 year he filled in as cornerback.

He was also lauded for his kick return skills. And the regime then didn't use him as a KR until his 2nd year.

Check out Terrance McGee's college scouting reports. He was praised as a safety...and panned for the 1 year he filled in as cornerback.

He was also lauded for his kick return skills. And the regime then didn't use him as a KR until his 2nd year.

yeah, thats fine, you can risk that pick in the 4th(?) when you have Clements and Troy Vincent on the team.

i never said its impossible to convert players. but we are in no position to "experiment" at CB right now.

strike that: Vincent wasnt on the team yet, but Winfield was. either way, the point stands.

yeah, thats fine, you can risk that pick in the 4th(?) when you have Clements and Troy Vincent on the team.

i never said its impossible to convert players. but we are in no position to "experiment" at CB right now.

Some feel that McGee isn't a very good CB.

right, so are you agreeing with me?...

we need real, pure CB talent added to this roster by the time the draft/FA is done.

i saw 2 "big hitting" highlights and no INT/Coverage highlights in this thread.

and then there is this:

Weaknesses:

He doesn't play quite as fast as his timed speed would indicate...Lacks a burst to recover when beat...Can be too aggressive at times and will miss the occasional tackle while going for the big play...Only average hands and will drop some balls.

doesnt sound like the CB we need

strike that: Vincent wasnt on the team yet, but Winfield was. either way, the point stands.

Yep, I am in agreement there. Nothing wrong with converting a player but you don't waste a top 20 pick on a gamble. I really like Laron Landry though and IMO he would be an upgrade over Ko-Simpson right now.... but you gotta draft based on need. And right now im comfortable with KO-Simpson as the starter for years to come.

Yep, I am in agreement there. Nothing wrong with converting a player but you don't waste a top 20 pick on a gamble. I really like Laron Landry though and IMO he would be an upgrade over Ko-Simpson right now.... but you gotta draft based on need. And right now im comfortable with KO-Simpson as the starter for years to come.

What is the problem with Ko Simpson?