Conklin on US Olympic Team?

Ty Conklin

According to this article, Conklin was on US Olympic team.

"Ryan Miller didn't make the U.S. Olympic team and Conklin did, but they were partners at a world championship, and Conklin knows that the Sabres starter likes plenty of work."

If memory serves me, the 3 knuckleheads that got the nod ahead of Miller (still boils my blood) were DiPietro, Grahame and Esche.

Does anyone remember Conklin being part of the mix?

Ty Conklin

According to this article, Conklin was on US Olympic team.

"Ryan Miller didn't make the U.S. Olympic team and Conklin did, but they were partners at a world championship, and Conklin knows that the Sabres starter likes plenty of work."

If memory serves me, the 3 knucleheads that got the nod ahead of Miller (still boils my blood) were DiPietro, Grahame and Esche.

Does anyone remember Conklin being part of the mix?

DiPietro is no slouch! Just saying of course... :lol:

Conklin

Conklin was named to the 2004 U.S. World Championship team. Upon joining Team USA, Conklin's strong play helped the team capture the bronze medal and he was subsequently named the Top Goaltender in the tournament.

In the summer of 2006, Conklin was signed as a free agent by the Columbus Blue Jackets. Conklin's stay in Columbus would last only half a season. After going 2-3-2 and recording a 3.30 GAA in 11 appearances the netminder was dealt to the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a 2007 2nd round draft pick.

A member of the U.S. World Cup team in 2004, Conklin returned to the Worlds' in 2005.

- I suppose this is what writer is alluding to. Olympic Team and World Cup Team by some perceived as the same.