Marv Pleeeease Don't Sign Rhodes

Rhodes is over-rated, over-hyped, has inflated value, and benefited from the Colts scheme. He looked average for much of the season and was clearly inferior to Addai all year. Colts fans were begging for the Colts coaches to feature Addai and shelve Rhodes. If Rhodes looked average much of the time in Indy, what do you think he'd look like for us? Yikes!

Chris Brown, on the other hand has shown real ability. True, he runs upright and is prone to get nicked up, but his career avg (not including last year's throw away season) is approx 4.7 per carry, if memory serves me.

Can anyone dig up Rhodes and Browns career avg YPC?

Marv, please don't be the latest GM to make a mistake and over pay for a guy coming off a Super Bowl. Remember Larry Brown, Neil O'Donnell, Antwaan Randle-El, Damien Woody and countless others. If Marv signs Rhodes to a big contract, my worst fears that he doen't know what he's doing will be confirmed (in my mind, at least).

The same as he looked for the Colts.

Rhodes: 4.1

Brown: 4.2

Clearly Brown is much better.

Rhodes would look the same for us as he did in the Colts high-octane offense? You are deluding yourself.

And Brown is much better as he played on a much weaker offense than Rhodes and still out averaged him.

Somebody dig up Brown's 2004 and 2005 stats. One of those years was huge, I remember.

Wow...THAT was weird.

How's it going, Cablebabe?

Now I know what happens when I merge two empty threads?

Long time no see! Hope all is well in the Deanosphere...

Rhodes would look the same for us as he did in the Colts high-octane offense? You are deluding yourself.

And Brown is much better as he played on a much weaker offense than Rhodes and still out averaged him.

Somebody dig up Brown's 2004 and 2005 stats. One of those years was huge, I remember.

Do really not know where to "dig up" these stats?

Our offense should be pretty good this year. A bigger, better offensive line. Enough improvement on the line to be able to use our TE in the passing game. A QB who was playing really good football at the end of the year and is only getting better. A future pro bowl WR.

Yes, I think if Rhodes came here he would be the same average back as he is in Indy.

2004: 220 rushes - 1067 yards, 4.8/carry, 6 TD

That's his best year. Career totals: 4 years, 541-2295, 4.2, 11 TDs. Rhodes', in comparison: 550-2274, 4.1, 19 TDs.

Define "huge".

Alot of RBs are inferior to Addai.

Addai is good, but the Colts offense makes him look better than he would anywhere else. Need proof? Look at what Edge did in Arizona. He looked terrible, and nobody debates that Edge is much better than Rhodes. Rhodes is a back up RB in the NFL.

Addai is good, but the Colts offense makes him look better than he would anywhere else. Need proof? Look at what Edge did in Arizona. He looked terrible, and nobody debates that Edge is much better than Rhodes. Rhodes is a back up RB in the NFL.

So is Brown.