Houston scores 2 ahead 2-0 in second

millbank

Pray that the 'Stros pull it out.

Houston has been waiting 40+ years for this.

66212[/snapback]

Both teams are good guys, teams to root for, Atlanta so excellent for so long, Houston just never winning , Like the idea of Clemens going against either of his former teams , Yankee's or Red Sox. just imagine a game seven Roger against Schilling for the Series at Fenway...

Two Atlanta homeruns and its Houston 3 - Atlanta 2 after five.......

Four run seventh inning Ka boom Bagwell two run homer and its

Houston 8 - Atlanta 2

Both teams are good guys, teams to root for, Atlanta so excellent for so long, Houston just never winning , Like the idea of Clemens going against either of his former teams , Yankee's or Red Sox. just imagine a game seven Roger against Schilling for the Series at Fenway...

Two Atlanta homeruns and its  Houston 3    -  Atlanta 2 after five.......

Four run seventh inning Ka boom Bagwell two run homer and its

Houston 8  -  Atlanta    2

66228[/snapback]

From one cursed sports city to another - I think Buffalo fans should be pulling for the Astros.

I'm an Anaheim Angels fan too and I can't express how good it felt to finally win that first playoff series in 2002 (again, the first in 40+ years of trying) against the Yankees. It felt even better when they won two more series after that. Most of my sports bitterness died after that.

Astros fans are going to go crazy in an hour. 'Bout time.

From one cursed sports city to another - I think Buffalo fans should be pulling for the Astros.

I'm an Anaheim Angels fan too and I can't express how good it felt to finally win that first playoff series in 2002 (again, the first in 40+ years of trying) against the Yankees.  It felt even better when they won two more series after that.  Most of my sports bitterness died after that.

Astros fans are going to go crazy in an hour.  'Bout time.

66273[/snapback]

You are right its nice to see cities that have waited a long time have some success , the special times you must really appreciate them..... they dont always come back around so soon...

good grief Houston 12 - Atlanta 3 in 8th

I played little league baseball against Jeff Bagwell and he was a monster back then too. He is from Killingworth CT and went to Xavier. He was a great soccer player also. I remember playing against the Killingworth kids in 8th grade and they all had full beards and were 200 pounds.

I played little league baseball against Jeff Bagwell and he was a monster back then too.  He is from Killingworth CT and went to Xavier.  He was a great soccer player also.  I remember playing against the Killingworth kids in 8th grade and they all had full beards and were 200 pounds.

66283[/snapback]

Tough deal as young man playing against the bigger older guys , remember being eight years old , catcher of about 4 ft tall blocking the plate against the fat kid on other team 12 years old almost 6 feet, was kind a tough to hang in there... was a good lesson on facing things and standing up, it was only pain after all...... :)

Really interesting you played against Bagwell, how did you make out?

Tough deal as young man playing against the bigger older guys , remember being  eight years old , catcher of about 4 ft tall blocking the plate against the fat kid on other team 12 years old almost 6 feet, was kind a tough to hang in there...  was a good lesson on facing things and standing up, it was only pain after all...... :)

Really interesting you played  against Bagwell, how did you make out?

66288[/snapback]

Killingworth always beat Madison(my team). They always had great pitchers that threw gas. A couple of them had nasty curves too. That is the first time in my life I faced curveballs. We had a decent team but would usually lose 5-1 or so. Jeff and a couple others hit tape measure homeruns back then. My highschool did not play Xavier in baseball. Too bad because puberty caught up to me and I was a solid 200 pounds by senior year. I would of liked another crack against Bagwell.