What about Lance Briggs?

...that someone will start another thread about him? Did they just trade a RB?

Technically I think this would be considered a swap, not a trade. They swapped 2nd round picks and threw Jones into the mix because they covet Willis.

Yeah, and its not like they have a RB they picked at #4 several years ago or anything.

who has proved he hasnt done sh-- yet. I would have traded him instead. But from what I heard last year Jones was a real problem in the locker room last year.

who has proved he hasnt done sh-- yet. I would have traded him instead. But from what I heard last year Jones was a real problem in the locker room last year.

He had the same YPC has Thomas Jones last year, the same number of TDs, and he started one of the playoff games (I don't recall which). He has a huge contract and it would not at all be surprising if the Bears went with him as the starter this year.

:lol: yes :oops:

I am just now getting into the draft mode -- so admitedly, all I know about the prospects is what I've read on TSW. It seems thus far that Willis is a polarizing prospect. People either love him or hate him. Same with the LB from Penn State who people either feel is the perfect prospect, or an often injured, disaster waiting to happen.

Wow, it's a good thing Buffalo picked a RT at #4 a couple years ago. They won't ever decide he stinks and/or gets hurt too much and try to get another player in there.

Oh...right... :lol:

Yeah, since its real obvious at this point that the Bears have decided he's a bust. :oops:

He had the same YPC has Thomas Jones last year, the same number of TDs, and he started one of the playoff games (I don't recall which). He has a huge contract and it would not at all be surprising if the Bears went with him as the starter this year.

Jones also ran for 600 more yards. The guy hasnt been the feature back yet. Its like the Turner arguement. He gets yards in chunks cause they spell great running backs. Am I the only one who sees it. when LT beats up a defense then throw another fresh pair of legs in there what do you think would happen? Jones runs alot harder and is a better blocker and receiver than Benson. I would take Jones any day of the week.

Jones also ran for 600 more yards.

and since he had the same YPC, that means those 600 yards are statistically due to having more carries.

Look, my point in all of this wasn't to get into a pissing match about whether Benson or Jones is the better back. It is trying to compare apples to oranges at this point.

The idea that the Bears *have* to go get a starting RB is quite laughable. While I am sure they, like any NFL team, are considering all of the available options, it is very possible that they view Benson as their main guy at RB.