Possible trade down

Post-Jones trade, the Bears have the 31st and 37th pick in the NFL draft. According to the old chart, that comes to the 14th pick in the draft - tantalizingly close to the Bills at #12. There's a non-zero chance that Brady Quinn will be on the board then, a decent answer to Chicago's QB woes. Also possible that they make a play for the rapidly-rising Greg Olsen, or whoever else Lovie has in mind. Would you take the trade for the 31st and 37th pick, which would give us 31, 37, and 43? That could result in, say, Tank Tyler at DT, Justin Blalock at OG, Brian Leonard at HB/FB, and say, Scott Chandler at TE, all on day one?

ONLY ONLY if Willis, Okoye and Branch are gone.

Which I think is relatively likely, considering I think that Quinn has to be on the board for the Bears to jump and make this all feasible. Also, we're getting stiffed slightly on the draft value chart, but it seems like an awful lot to ask the Bears to throw in another pick - if we held a hard line, maybe we could swap their 3rd for our 4th or something.

Post-Jones trade, the Bears have the 31st and 37th pick in the NFL draft. According to the old chart, that comes to the 14th pick in the draft - tantalizingly close to the Bills at #12. There's a non-zero chance that Brady Quinn will be on the board then, a decent answer to Chicago's QB woes. Also possible that they make a play for the rapidly-rising Greg Olsen, or whoever else Lovie has in mind. Would you take the trade for the 31st and 37th pick, which would give us 31, 37, and 43? That could result in, say, Tank Tyler at DT, Justin Blalock at OG, Brian Leonard at HB/FB, and say, Scott Chandler at TE, all on day one?

Great idea. I would do that in a heart beat.

DT's are all about the same in the 1st and 2nd rounds. It doesn't make sense to me to grab a DT at #12 when we could grab a similar guy at #31.

With 31, 37, and 43, we could get probably a top 5 DT, top 5 CB, and top-3 MLB.