Briggs pissed with Chicago

So...given Cedric Benson's "production" and injury history does anyone believe that the Super Bowl runners-up are looking to feature Benson? I dunno. They have to think they are close to a Super Bowl. Given that they are in the NFC they can go back next year.

This is a thought. How about Willis and a 2 or 3 to add to the high 2 they got from the Jets for Mr. Briggs? They get Willis in a contract year, they have 2 pretty high #2 picks that they can use or package up with their late #1 to move up.

Well the point was to get Briggs. I don't see Chicago giving us Briggs, a #1 AND a high #2 in exchange for only the #12 pick.

I honestly don't see us dealing Willis anyway - I think we're posturing.

Briggs isn't going anywhere. When all of the emotion is gone in a few weeks, he'll accept the tag or they will do a new deal.

Briggs isn't going anywhere. When all of the emotion is gone in a few weeks, he'll accept the tag or they will do a new deal.

I don't think they are allowed to do a deal apart from the franchise deal for awhile. i remember there being some sort of rule about that.

According to what I heard this morning the Bears had over 30 million on the table before he got tagged. Now it's down to whatever the tag deal is 7? 8?. The quote was "I will do everything in my power not to play for the Bears organization."

Keep in mind, we're talking about a team who basically didn't keep one of the hottest defensive coordinators in the game over money. He went from interviewing for HC jobs to unemployed. He's a lesser status coach now only because of the time frame when that happned, all the other jobs were gone. A Super Bowl team who went to the Super Bowl because of it's defense didn't keep it's defensive coordinator?

After something like that anything can happen.

I don't think they are allowed to do a deal apart from the franchise deal for awhile. i remember there being some sort of rule about that.

According to what I heard this morning the Bears had over 30 million on the table before he got tagged. Now it's down to whatever the tag deal is 7? 8?. The quote was "I will do everything in my power not to play for the Bears organization."

Keep in mind, we're talking about a team who basically didn't keep one of the hottest defensive coordinators in the game over money. He went from interviewing for HC jobs to unemployed. He's a lesser status coach now only because of the time frame when that happned, all the other jobs were gone. A Super Bowl team who went to the Super Bowl because of it's defense didn't keep it's defensive coordinator?

After something like that anything can happen.

The Bears have until June to work out a long-term deal. If they wait until afterwards, then they lose the ability to use the Franchise Tag again for the life of Briggs' contract.

The Bears have until June to work out a long-term deal. If they wait until afterwards, then they lose the ability to use the Franchise Tag again for the life of Briggs' contract.

Briggs will have to suck it up. He needs to read the CBA and read the definition of franchise tag. He can hold out like a crybaby and lose $400,000 a week. Money talks.