Wayne Gandy

From TBD Front Page Article:

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/article..._complemen.html

One of the most important things a quarterback must possess is confidence in the offensive linemen on his blindside. Bills passer J.P Losman was aided plenty last year by Peters, but he was often left high and dry by guard Mike Gandy, who played next to Peters. While splitting time at tackle and guard, Gandy allowed a whopping12½ sacks.
:oops:

is that for real????

meanwhile....

Adding to Dockery's outstanding run blocking is that he's solid in buying time for his QB (he was charged with only 4.75 sacks allowed in the last two years).
:lol:

I think most of those sacks attributed to Gandy were in the first half of the season when he was still playing left tackle. I don't remember him getting beat too much as a guard though I'm sure it happened a few times.

At left guard I thought he did a decent job. For the coaching staff to recognize that he could not do the job at left tackle was a credit to the coaching staff during the bye week. If he was brought back here for a backup guard role I think that could work.

The coaching staff was high on Gandy during the initial part of the offseason. Marv went out of his way twice to praise him on two seperate occassions. Which led me to belive he would be brought back, or at least offered.

Now, with the signings last week, it makes me wonder if it was just a smoke screen to throw other teams off their scent or if he was being serious. Personally I think Gandy played well at guard and feel he would be a better fit at RG than either Preston or Whittle. So I hope he does come back -- albeit with a low figure attached.

My guess is that Gandy got praise and a low offer right after the season and said "thanks, but no thanks. Do you know the kind of money a starting guard could get in free agency?"

He was right... and wrong. (Or, he'll get a good contract in the necxt few days and I'll eat my words...) He was a weak starter, but would be a valuable backup. The only question is if we have too many O-linemen (imagine that!) and would need to cut one of the "kids" to keep him.

as bad as we say Gandy was, there is little doubt that he was our best guard last season... That said, I doubt he comes back since he'll almost definitely be a backup and he may even be able to compete for a tackle job somewhere in the league, but not here

Yes he did, which was very classy on the part of JP.

Gandy is now a UFA.

Can Gandy play RG? Would he want to? Can he crash the DT to the left? Can he pull to the left? Will we ask him to? Do we ever ask anyone to? Should I be concerned about Raider Nations' thoughts on Langston Walker? Will he play RT or RG? Please God, make me stop.

Well, I won't stop about Raider Fan. Several years ago, I was in Oakland for biz, and I had nothing to do one afternoon waiting for a flight, so I decided to grab a sub, drove to Oakland Alameda County Stadium and had me some lunch in the cheap seats while the grounds crew painted the field. No security said a word, no one cared. Anywhoo, as I was leaving, I saw the ticket booth was consistently busy with drive-up customers buying Raider tickets for Sunday. Customers wearing the Mad Max gear on a weekday. Just to go buy tickets. And not just a few people either. Every car I saw drive up had people in the gear.

For that reason alone, I'm not going to trust what Raider Nation has to say about Langston Walker.

For that reason alone, I'm not going to trust what Raider Nation has to say about Langston Walker.

The truly disturbing feature of that Raider Nation thread is how subdued it is. Saintly compared to our treatment of Mike Williams or Bennie Anderson. Another example .

I expect the Gandy Man to come into some money this week; possibly left tackle money. Teams are that desperate.