Tax advice needed

but what about the economy and job market?

The economy has been BOOMING for years now, creating many serious labour shortages. (I was snatched up as an Engineer from the States with only a phone interview.)

The cost of living is more, but it doesn't seem to matter because the Kiwi lifestyle is a lot more laid back. No one is trying to impress the other guy with his new huge SUV. It goes to say that importing goods to a South Pacific island nation will cost more, eh?

Taxes are also higher, but at least it goes to things like universal health care (even tourists are entitled to free health care!) and social services instead of a HUGE military budget like in the states. (doesn't the Iraq war cost over $200 MILLION a day?) Homelessness and violent crime are just about non-existent down here.

ok, fix up your spare room...I'll be down shortly

The economy has been BOOMING for years now, creating many serious labour shortages. (I was snatched up as an Engineer from the States with only a phone interview.)

The cost of living is more, but it doesn't seem to matter because the Kiwi lifestyle is a lot more laid back. No one is trying to impress the other guy with his new huge SUV. It goes to say that importing goods to a South Pacific island nation will cost more, eh?

Taxes are also higher, but at least it goes to things like universal health care (even tourists are entitled to free health care!) and social services instead of a HUGE military budget like in the states. (doesn't the Iraq war cost over $200 MILLION a day?) Homelessness and violent crime are just about non-existent down here.

Kiwi... I noticed the British spellings... Were you educated in NZ?... You said you had US citizenship...

??

I've only been down here for a year! Oh know... I'm changing already without even knowing it!

btw - I've just re-read some of the things that I mentioned about NZ. I hope I don't come across as a pompous a-hole. I never mean to brag or crap like that.

Simply put... my family is just really really happy here.

I've only been down here for a year! Oh know... I'm changing already without even knowing it!

btw - I've just re-read some of the things that I mentioned about NZ. I hope I don't come across as a pompous a-hole. I never mean to brag or crap like that.

Cool... By no means did I take it like that... But, then again... You know this board, somebody is bound to take umbrage... :lol::blink:

It's not bragging, having visited, I'd move if I could get a decent job doing what I am now, and figure out some way to still make every home game each season.

It's not bragging, having visited, I'd move if I could get a decent job doing what I am now, and figure out some way to still make every home game each season.

I don't think those two jive... Job and making every home game coming from NZ... :D;)

The best way... Become filthy rich and just live in BFLO from Sept to Feb... Notice I said Feb? :lol::blink: That is in anticpiation of home playoff games and a SB trip! One can only dream Jack!

:D

a HUGE military budget like in the states.
Hey....be nice...That's how some of us make our cash :lol: ....and you have one thing I don't have here in central Australia...WATER!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss the beach!