I have a wierd feeling...

That WM, and TKO...........................will still be on our roster for 2007....just my gut feeling.

TKO yes but no way Willis is here for the '07 season.

He will be a cancer to this team, why would anyone want to play for a team that has publicly outted (sp?) them?

Willis will be gone, probably through outright release, no team will give B-flo what they want for him and his release will have to occur due to his soiled persona now.

I've never been a big fan of Willis but now it looks like this will go down as bad move by Marv, we will lose Willis and most likely have to rely on a 2nd or 3rd round pick to start at RB as the Bills are in no position defensively to draft a RB with the first round pick.

Willis will be gone, probably through outright release, no team will give B-flo what they want for him and his release will have to occur due to his soiled persona now.

I've never been a big fan of Willis but now it looks like this will go down as bad move by Marv, we will lose Willis and most likely have to rely on a 2nd or 3rd round pick to start at RB as the Bills are in no position defensively to draft a RB with the first round pick.

This is a ridiculous assertion, that just because Willis has been declared tradeable, that he can't return and play for Buffalo.

The Bills organization has not blown this WM thing all out of proportion, only the fans and media have done that.

Willis can return, play out the 2007 season, go his merry way a year from now.

If he were smart (quite debatable), he would study and work his butt off to have a big 07 season.

Time will tell, of course.

This is a ridiculous assertion, that just because Willis has been declared tradeable, that he can't return and play for Buffalo.

The Bills organization has not blown this WM thing all out of proportion, only the fans and media have done that.

Willis can return, play out the 2007 season, go his merry way a year from now.

If he were smart (quite debatable), he would study and work his butt off to have a big 07 season.

Time will tell, of course.

Dennis I'll bet you an imaginary billion dollars that Willis is not playing for the Bills in 2007.

:rolleyes:

Dennis I'll bet you an imaginary billion dollars that Willis is not playing for the Bills in 2007.

:rolleyes:

The "outright release" part of it makes no sense. If he is ultimately traded for a 3rd round pick or whatever, that's OK with me.

Why would they release him? Because he has 3 baby-mamas? Who cares?

What IS quite ugly is the assertion (not sure who that "source" was) that Willis did not study enough to know what the play was, and needed a coach to signal him specifically. That makes for a bad football player IMO. No wonder he danced around back there, even after the shuffled OL showed improvement.

I'm not much of a betting man, even with Monopoly bucks. But thanks for the offer!

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

TKO yes but no way Willis is here for the '07 season.

He will be a cancer to this team, why would anyone want to play for a team that has publicly outted (sp?) them?

General...

I am sorry but that makes no sense to me....

- Despite his shortcomings Willis is still a talented player

- In a contract year

- Behind one of the best left sides in all of football in Peters and Dockery....probably the whole line will be improved.

Willis doesn't want to be here and we dont want him....but this is a business

The "outright release" part of it makes no sense. If he is ultimately traded for a 3rd round pick or whatever, that's OK with me.

Why would they release him? Because he has 3 baby-mamas? Who cares?

What IS quite ugly is the assertion (not sure who that "source" was) that Willis did not study enough to know what the play was, and needed a coach to signal him specifically. That makes for a bad football player IMO. No wonder he danced around back there, even after the shuffled OL showed improvement.

I'm not much of a betting man, even with Monopoly bucks. But thanks for the offer!

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Dennis, I think we agree more on this than either of us originally believed. If the Bills can get a 3rd for McGahee I'd love it, it would be an excellent end to this situation.

Regarding an outright release: I think that thi is a possibility only because the waters have been soiled. (By the fans, the media and the front office in that order) I believe that if he remains in Buffalo (assuming a trade can't occur) then the front office would be taking the risk of having a real cancer develop on this team.

McGahee has been called out and his abilities and effort have been called into question, I would guess that it probably worries him and ticks him off to a certain degree. He doesn't seem like the kind of person/player that becomes more motivated when he is criticized. He just seems a bit 'off' I guess, like he ate alot of batteries as a child or something.

Where as you or I might try harder to correct our mistakes/shortcomings I don't see him doing that.

If he remains on the Bills I see him doing more damage than good and I hope that the front office recognizes this as a possibility.

General...

I am sorry but that makes no sense to me....

- Despite his shortcomings Willis is still a talented player

- In a contract year

- Behind one of the best left sides in all of football in Peters and Dockery....probably the whole line will be improved.

Willis doesn't want to be here and we dont want him....but this is a business

John I do agree with your thoughts:

Willis IS a talented player when the motivation is present (which only appears to be when the Bills play the Jets). If he would 'show up' to games consistently I would have no problem with him whatsoever.

Willis could very well be productive this season given that it is his contract year and he would be playing behind a revamped line.

My big question (and this is why I think he will be released by Marv) is regarding how well will he recover from this trade fiasco?

Will he 'show up' to games, try hard and discontinue his unintentional alienation of the fans?

I believe that Willis is not the special type of person that perseveres through something like this and comes out stronger, an intelligent person takes criticism in stride, works through it and shows the world that they can produce. My gut tells me that Willis isn't this type of person, even if it could result in a massive payday for him.

Yes this is a business, if it were my business I would think long and hard about the potential versus the realistic scenario here.

Can Willis produce 1500 yards with 10 TD's?

Or is it more likely that Willis will become a cancer, a lame duck so to speak giving minimal effort? His numbers were not very good this year, imagine his 'forgetting plays' and 'missing the hole' mixed with a bad 'woe is me' attitude.

I wouldn't risk it, I'd try to trade him and if that fails I would release him.

Don't repeat the mistake that I made.

When TD was shopping Henry, he insisted on a first day pick. I would have gladly accepted a 4th or a 5th, and suspected that TD might have to cut him to save face. Pretty smart, huh? :oops::lol:

Very often a team will come up with a stunning offer if they truly like a player. Besides, it is not out of the question that there are teams out there that a motivated Willis could help a great deal.

I have no idea how the Willis situation will turn out. I was so far off wrt Travis that I shouldn't even make a guess, but I am thinking that we get at least a 2nd, or he stays.