A peer-reviewed study about Wikipedia's accuracy

Your statement #2 is mistaken. A well-designed intelligence test is almost synonymous with a highly g-loaded intelligence test. And the more g-loaded a test is, the more its results correlate with g.

Studies of adopted children show that, in childhood, their I.Q.s do tend to correlate with their adoptive mothers. But as they get older, that correlation disappears, while the correlation with their biological mothers becomes stronger than ever.

A test designed to determine g highly correlates to g. What the name of hamburgler is that kind of circle jerk statement?

So kids with parents of low intelligence get dumber as they grow up. got it. :lol:

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A test designed to determine g highly correlates to g. What the name of hamburgler is that kind of circle jerk statement?

Not only does the g-loaded test correlate highly to g, but g itself strongly correlates to a lot of other things--divorce rate, income level, chance of being in jail, etc. g is meaningful.

So kids with parents of low intelligence get dumber as they grow up. got it. :lol:

It's not that those kids are getting dumber, it's that their intelligence is increasing at a much slower pace than that of their peers. Let's say a kid named Tom had stupid parents, but a great environment. In first grade, he might be close to the average of his peers. And by adulthood, he might have the same level of intelligence his peers had when they were in fifth or sixth grade. His poor genes doom him to fall behind.

It's not that those kids are getting dumber, it's that their intelligence is increasing at a much slower pace than that of their peers.

What?????

Ramius...please explain to him why that makes no sense whatsoever. I don't even kno where to begin.

Are you really this ignorant of the last century of biological and genetics research? :lol:

No, I've actually read quite a bit of it. Admittedly, none of it matched the your scintillating example of research into East German scientists, but... :lol:

Could someone pin a thread for HA, Tom and Ramius?

!@#$ing please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that they can continue to beat each other to death, for !@#$ing Christ sakes.

Darin?

Shut up you inconfident heterosexual :lol:

Not only does the g-loaded test correlate highly to g, but g itself strongly correlates to a lot of other things--divorce rate, income level, chance of being in jail, etc. g is meaningful.

It's not that those kids are getting dumber, it's that their intelligence is increasing at a much slower pace than that of their peers. Let's say a kid named Tom had stupid parents, but a great environment. In first grade, he might be close to the average of his peers. And by adulthood, he might have the same level of intelligence his peers had when they were in fifth or sixth grade. His poor genes doom him to fall behind.

Wow. You have reached a whole new level of retarded. This is kind of like playing mario bros and discovering the secret world with all the one-ups.

Could someone pin a thread for HA, Tom and Ramius?

!@#$ing please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that they can continue to beat each other to death, for !@#$ing Christ sakes.

Darin?

I'm hoping eventually they'll tire of it, though Holcomb's Arm's special brand of retardia doesn't seem to know any limits. I am enjoying him regularly trying to declare victory and superiority with both feet slammed firmly in his gullet.

I'm hoping eventually they'll tire of it, though Holcomb's Arm's special brand of retardia doesn't seem to know any limits. I am enjoying him regularly trying to declare victory and superiority with both feet slammed firmly in his gullet.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

oh, nm. you said gullet

at quick glance i thought you said mullet :devil:

I am enjoying him regularly trying to declare victory and superiority with both feet slammed firmly in his gullet.

I would like to apologize to everyone for the pain. But, like you, I just marvel at not just his sheer tenacity at being completely incorrect and ignorant, but the depthless variety of its expression. How can a guy find so many different ways to be wrong about one thing? :thumbsup:

I would like to apologize to everyone for the pain. But, like you, I just marvel at not just his sheer tenacity at being completely incorrect and ignorant, but the depthless variety of its expression. How can a guy find so many different ways to be wrong about one thing? :(

Robble robble robble. Robble robble robble. Robble robble robble.

It's amazing to me that simply reiterating scientific fact--which is what I did in that earlier post--can elicit this kind of response. My earlier post wasn't expressing an opinion, it was reiterating the result of rigorous studies. I suggest you look up the relevant studies before making your next comment on this topic.

Physician, heal thyself. Reference a single credible research paper that says anything even REMOTELY like what you just said.

Fine. Here's a quote from the American Psychological Association's Report: "Intelligence: Knowns and Unknowns."

Across the ordinary range of environments in modern Western societies, a sizable part of the variation in intelligence test scores is associated with genetic differences among individuals. . . . If one simply combines all available correlations in a single analysis, the heritability (h2) works out to about .50 and the between-family variance (c2) to about .25 (e.g., Chipuer, Rovine, & Plomin, 1990; Loehlin, 1989). These overall figures are misleading, however, because most of the relevant studies have been done with children. We now know that the heritability of IQ changes with age: [heritability] goes up and [between family variance] goes down from infancy to adulthood (McCartney, Harris, & Bernieri, 1990; McGue, Bouchard, Iacono, & Lykken, 1993). In childhood [heritability for IQ is] .45; by late adolescence [heritability] is around .75.

Again, the things I've been writing about intelligence and heritability are pretty standard stuff. Unfortunately, the information researchers have worked so hard to gather has generally failed to be absorbed into popular culture.

Fine. Here's a quote from the American Psychological Association's Report: "Intelligence: Knowns and Unknowns."

Again, the things I've been writing about intelligence and heritability are pretty standard stuff. Unfortunately, the information researchers have worked so hard to gather has generally failed to be absorbed into popular culture.

you just can't give up :devil::lol:

Reading through this thread is like watching you walk intoi quicksand, and instead trying to get pulled out, you seem to be diving deeper in.

If people didn't agree with you 30 pages ago, why continuously bring this crap up? Do you like saying crap to the point where you are creating a giant bullseye on your back?