Going down to 35 below zero all roads closed

millbank

Actually, I really didn't... Then again... I wasn't consulting a chart or never gave it any thought... My bad! :rolleyes::P

I will make mental note of this when my kid comes home with this for HOMEWORK... :lol:

On another note... Isn't Millbank near London, Ont? I know it isn't that cold there... At least, isn't that part (alee of the lake) of southern ONT tempered by Lake Huron?... Which I know doesn't exactly freeze?

Any help Millbank? Do you get lake effect snow there?

Figured you would...USACE and all.

For future reference: Farenheit = (Celsius *1.8) + 32

-40 C = -40 F

0 C = 32 F

10 C = 50F

And every 5 C = 9 F...so given all that, you can approximate any Celsius temperature to a reasonably accurate Farenheit temperature.

For my next trick, I'll teach everyone how to easily convert kilograms to pounds...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured you would...USACE and all.

For future reference: Farenheit = (Celsius *1.8) + 32

-40 C = -40 F

0 C = 32 F

10 C = 50F

And every 5 C = 9 F...so given all that, you can approximate any Celsius temperature to a reasonably accurate Farenheit temperature.

For my next trick, I'll teach everyone how to easily convert kilograms to pounds...

Thanks...

Remember, this (sometimes) is an arse backwards organization! :P

We just don't use celsius in our weather log...

I am still trying to get people around here to read our pool elevations by saying NEGATIVE, not minus... Like now, our upper pool (Lake Michigan) is -1.18... NEGATIVE 1.18!

Baby steps!

:rolleyes:

Yikes what a day. All roads closed, temperature going down to -35 below zero , can't see a thing. How is it in your part of the world?

What part of Antarctica are you from?

Going to be -23 here in Jamestown (1 1/2 hr South of Buffalo)

as a side note, I was at the coldest game in Bills History...-30 Windchill....and sitting outside....now that was cold!

Was that the Dec. 26th game against the Jets? I was there too, I remember the heaters under the beer kegs so they wouldnt freeze, and my wife was so cold she spent the 2nd half in the ladies room where there was heat.

Was that the Dec. 26th game against the Jets? I was there too, I remember the heaters under the beer kegs so they wouldnt freeze, and my wife was so cold she spent the 2nd half in the ladies room where there was heat.

Actually I think it was the Bills - Raiders divisional playoff game in 1994. Zero degrees with -35 wind chill. I left 80 degree temps in LA to attend the game so it was a 115 degree swing in tempurature for me. Best part was the Raider fans in light jackets, jeans and sneakers. I was bundled up like the stay puff marshmellow man.

Actually I think it was the Bills - Raiders divisional playoff game in 1994. Zero degrees with -35 wind chill. I left 80 degree temps in LA to attend the game so it was a 115 degree swing in tempurature for me. Best part was the Raider fans in light jackets, jeans and sneakers. I was bundled up like the stay puff marshmellow man.

Agree. My son kept crying because he was so cold, but his tears kept freezing. We were so covered but just couldn't get warm. At least we won the game, but wasn't it 1993?

For now? Been driving with the top down for the last three days..... :lol:

Thanks...

Remember, this (sometimes) is an arse backwards organization! ;)

We just don't use celsius in our weather log...

I am still trying to get people around here to read our pool elevations by saying NEGATIVE, not minus... Like now, our upper pool (Lake Michigan) is -1.18... NEGATIVE 1.18!

Baby steps!

:P

OMFG you are gull a bull. He just gave you the conversion formula for Centigrade, not Celcius. :devil::nana:

Was at the Jets game, but not the Oakland game. Only playoff game I have ever missed. I believe that Jets game was a 9-6 affair, important for home field if I remeber correctly. I also recall that the Jets kicker missed a few, and after the game them talking about how it hurt to kick the ball, they had the consistency of a rock!!

Ralph had the homeless folks out shoveling the aisles and steps, never got to the actual seats. It was also the only game where I did not tailgate, went to someplace for breakfast instead. I do remember the foam of the beer freezing to form a ridge at the top of the cup, and more than a few times i had a "drinking problem" getting the juice into my gullet

Agree. My son kept crying because he was so cold, but his tears kept freezing. We were so covered but just couldn't get warm. At least we won the game, but wasn't it 1993?

For now? Been driving with the top down for the last three days..... :devil:

It was January 1994, after the 1993 season. Reaon I remember is I got a call from my wife the next day regarding her fun ride on this.