Going down to 35 below zero all roads closed

millbank

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you know this, but...

Celsius and Farhenheit scales meet at 40-below...so 35 below Celsius is pretty close to 35 below Farhenheit.

Actually, I really didn't... Then again... I wasn't consulting a chart or never gave it any thought... My bad! :rolleyes::P

I will make mental note of this when my kid comes home with this for HOMEWORK... :lol:

On another note... Isn't Millbank near London, Ont? I know it isn't that cold there... At least, isn't that part (alee of the lake) of southern ONT tempered by Lake Huron?... Which I know doesn't exactly freeze?

Any help Millbank? Do you get lake effect snow there?

London is southwest of my community and while not really far away weather conditions are a great deal different. Crops are always a little earlier for instance. Yes our area gets regular snow squalls that come off of Lake Huron. Today we are amidst a snow squall/ high wind warning, thus the extreme cold temperatures and dangerous roads, my area of Perth County snow plough were taken off the roads at 10:00 am until it is safe for them to clear the roads, all roads in Perth county are closed. Actually north of Toronto on highway 400 there was a white out related 75 car accident, tractor trailer on fire, buses, trucks, every kind of vehicle, fortunately only two people were seriously hurt. Regarding freezing , this is how we skate and play hockey on the farm fields and ponds in our area. Regarding metric conversion as stated their is a point where the numbers almost become the same. Tonight it will go down to -37 c which = 34.8 Fahrenheit.

Actually, I really didn't... Then again... I wasn't consulting a chart or never gave it any thought... My bad! :rolleyes::P

I will make mental note of this when my kid comes home with this for HOMEWORK... :lol:

On another note... Isn't Millbank near London, Ont? I know it isn't that cold there... At least, isn't that part (alee of the lake) of southern ONT tempered by Lake Huron?... Which I know doesn't exactly freeze?

Any help Millbank? Do you get lake effect snow there?

Yikes what a day. All roads closed, temperature going down to -35 below zero , can't see a thing. How is it in your part of the world?

It's supposed to hit -38 with the wind chill. Needless to say I couldn't take the day off because I have a big file to take care.