The question and answer with Donahoe this week

This is the first time I've laughed today. Donahoe has turned into the Iraqi Information Minister. The questions and responses are priceless!

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2801

Here's my favorite. I laughed so hard a had tears streaming down my cheeks:

Bob A. (Amherst, NY): Who is responsible for this mess? Is no one accountable for turning this team into a sick joke?

TD: We wouldn't exactly describe it as a mess. We are struggling. We are four games into the season and again we feel it's not fair to the players or the coaches to draw conclusions after four games. We realize what the problems are and we are working hard to try to correct them. We feel that this team is not that far away.

we feel it's not fair to the players or the coaches to draw conclusions after four games.

66051[/snapback]

clearly this dictator doesn't see himself as a part of the problem.

since he is interpreting the question to be directed only at players and coaches.

what a putz.

ARRGGHHH !!  :)

I'm gonna get you, steve.

66077[/snapback]

hey, that's just what I've been taught from the "pros"...

EXECUTE! :)

This season is on the brink of being humorous. I think a loss to Miami, and I'll just laugh off the rest (hopefully).

by the way, isnt the proper term "scape goat", or is that just short for escape goat?

as in (by Tom Donahoe):

"We believe strongly as a staff that it's not about escape goats "

not nit picking, im really just wondering.

66090[/snapback]

*LOL* Somebody should use that as their signature line. What a maroon TD is.

by the way, isnt the proper term "scape goat", or is that just short for escape goat?

as in (by Tom Donahoe):

"We believe strongly as a staff that it's not about escape goats "

not nit picking, im really just wondering.

66090[/snapback]

stevestojan - somewhere in the world there are goats that escaped recently. Donahoe is 100% correct that that situation has nothing to do with the Bills' troubles.

You are correct that it is "scapegoats" (one word). He probably used two words and his transcriber edited "scape" due to the spell check.

Take a Covey course, you'll find TD's answers are right on. Always display faith and confidence in your charges, but at the same time always look for ways to improve.

His answers are those of an effective leader.

Take a Covey course, you'll find TD's answers are right on.  Always display faith and confidence in your charges, but at the same time always look for ways to improve.

His answers are those of an effective leader.

66131[/snapback]

Right. Avoid candor. Cling to misjudgement without honest reflection. And above all else, sell, sell, sell.

Or maybe, spin, spin spin.

Ignore that man behind the curtain.

This Q&A thing really is priceless sometimes. I'm sure they thought it was a great idea at the beginning, a way to gets fans a little more involved. Now that they're 0-4 I bet they're realizing what a mess it will become if things don't turn around soon. It's actually something to look forward to after a loss.

he answered those questions the only way he could. i'm glad the fans are being tough on him, but i am sure he saw it coming. frankly, i would be even more worried about the guy if he didn't answer in that fashion.

but having said that, he has assembled a roster full of losers and unless this thing turns around drastically (not holding my breath here in carlisle), he deserves the axe.

Well, what do you guys expect him to say? "we are horrible and its all my fault"?

Of course he is going to put a good spin on it. He has to! HIS job is on the line. This is the Bush syndrome as well. Say you made mistakes and its your demise. Dont admit any mistakes and you look arogant and self absorbed. You cant win in this situation, so TD (and to an extent bush) try to put things in the best light possible to make themselves look as best they can. I dont blame him for his comments one bit.

And for the record, I think TD has done a good job bringing talent to the bills, and there are very few things I would second gess. Obviously things arent working out as I hope they would have, but I have a hard time crawling down his neck because virtually every move he has made I have praised at the time. I dont get it. I like this team the way it is, and If I was GM, it woudlnt look much different. Maybe we need new blood, but I still refuse to believe td is the problem (but I have no good guess as to what the problem is exactly, so being the top guy, maybe he needs to go.).