Some say Marv erred by not tagging Clements but look

The Bears just made it to the Super Bowl and they can probably withstand this controversy but we can't afford to display anything negative about playing in Buffalo. I'm sure that Nate has nothing but positive things to say about playing in Buffalo and for the current administration. I do believe that we will still benefit from the reverberations of being honorable. Man, I'm glad to have someone like Marv to be runnuig our ship. I do believe that we have a very bright future for our team.

its the reason we signed all 3 players that visited on the 1st day of free agency.marv stuck to his word with nate and showed lots of class.you dont think more players will want to come here and get treated fair.go bills in"07

In Marv we trust. Best thing Ralph has done in last ten years was hire Marv.

Oh by the Ralphie, I owe you a big apology. You sure fooled me. I take back all the nasty things I said about you.

You spent $100K..that's not cheap in any book even with the cash-to-cap which btw, will save the Bills' future in signing JP and Lee.

In Marv we trust. Best thing Ralph has done in last ten years was hire Marv.

Oh by the Ralphie, I owe you a big apology. You sure fooled me. I take back all the nasty things I said about you.

You spent $100K..that's not cheap in any book even with the cash-to-cap which btw, will save the Bills' future in signing JP and Lee.

Make that $100MM. You couldn't sign up a football tee for $100M.

A good point.

The reality is, Marv wanted a full camp with no holdouts when the new staff arrived. They probably knew last offseason that they weren't willing or able to keep Nate, and felt that a full camp was more important to the start of the new regime than the extra draft pick we could've/would've gotten. This, to me, is acceptable thinking. With a new staff, new schemes, and 20+ new players on the roster, there was more hanging in the balance than a single trade pick for a single player.

You will undoubtedly get laughed at for this thread by the "Marv screwed up with Nate and now our defense really sucks" crowd, but just remember, as long as there's the retard rodeo, there will always be clowns who have to jump in their sorrowful barrel and roll around in the bull schitt for the sake of having people pay attention to them.

Ignore them and keep thinking positive.

A good point.

The reality is, Marv wanted a full camp with no holdouts when the new staff arrived. They probably knew last offseason that they weren't willing or able to keep Nate, and felt that a full camp was more important to the start of the new regime than the extra draft pick we could've/would've gotten. This, to me, is acceptable thinking. With a new staff, new schemes, and 20+ new players on the roster, there was more hanging in the balance than a single trade pick for a single player.

You will undoubtedly get laughed at for this thread by the "Marv screwed up with Nate and now our defense really sucks" crowd, but just remember, as long as there's the retard rodeo, there will always be clowns who have to jump in their sorrowful barrel and roll around in the bull schitt for the sake of having people pay attention to them.

Ignore them and keep thinking positive.

GREAT post as always LA!!!

yeah...I'm not sure I would have made the promise not to franchise nate..but once made you gotta be able to take it to the bank. Marv is a guy of his word. That's the kind of guy you want to do business with.

He kept his word. He also realized early on that Nate wanted out for bucks he wouldn't spend and that Nate's girlfriend wanted in to a "glamour" city. She hated it here.