Stupid trade ideas

How about this one:

Our #1 pick, McGahee and Spikes to the Bears for Lance Briggs, Thomas Jones and maybe a 3rd.

Briggs desperately wants out, as does Jones. I think Jones is in the same contract predicament as McGahee. Spikes is an unknown, but if he's back, he would be a steal for the Bears. The #1 pick is compensation for Briggs, who will be a distraction. We could take Spikes 9 mil in the next two years and put that toward a contract for Briggs. Not to mention the amount of money we would have to pay for the #12 anyway.

How about this one:

Our #1 pick, McGahee and Spikes to the Bears for Lance Briggs, Thomas Jones and maybe a 3rd.

Briggs desperately wants out, as does Jones. I think Jones is in the same contract predicament as McGahee. Spikes is an unknown, but if he's back, he would be a steal for the Bears. The #1 pick is compensation for Briggs, who will be a distraction. We could take Spikes 9 mil in the next two years and put that toward a contract for Briggs. Not to mention the amount of money we would have to pay for the #12 anyway.

GREAT idea starting a thread for all of these. How about this one:

McGahee to the Titans for Haynesworth

and then,

Tim Anderson and our 3rd-round pick to the Redskins for Ladell Betts

DO I WIN?

GREAT idea starting a thread for all of these. How about this one:

McGahee to the Titans for Haynesworth

and then,

Tim Anderson and our 3rd-round pick to the Redskins for Ladell Betts

DO I WIN?

Nope. I think that one has to make a reasonable sounding case for it. Mine is stupid but I tried to rationalize the reasoning of it and why it would be good for both teams, even though it's obviously stupid. Yours is just, well, stupid. :rolleyes:

The Browns take brady quinn...adrian peterson drops.

we trade Takeo Spikes and our 1st rd to the texans and take peterson. gg

I am well aware of his injury history, and it does scare me, but he is one of the most talented players I have EVER seen. worht the risk imo.

Nope. I think that one has to make a reasonable sounding case for it. Mine is stupid but I tried to rationalize the reasoning of it and why it would be good for both teams, even though it's obviously stupid. Yours is just, well, stupid. :rolleyes:

While all of this is a fantasy, it easily is smarter than the trade "proposals" made by some which do not include any specific name suggestions or which success that we get any real value in 2007 in trading our starting RB for the mere promise of a draft choice.

It certainly is true that RBs who prove good enough to start are found seemingly every year even on the second day of the draft, but this is simply a different thing than stating that it is likely at all that even a 1st round draft pick will clearly be a starting talent for the Bills.

The experience simply is that it is a high-stakes gamble which is unlikely to succeed for us to bank on getting a starting RB from the draft even if we acquire a 1st rounder for WM and in fact, even teams which have a clear need and a desire for WM to fill it start off the bidding with an offer of a 2nd day pick and if we are good and tough we MIGHT be able to hold out for a 3rd round choice.

The simple likelyhood is that if we trade WM for a mere draft choice it may be a good deal for those more interested in fantasy football and Madden than in the the actual NFL game, but in the real world it essentially is making FA Anthony Thomas who has NEVER started more than 13 games in an NFL season our #1 and who last gained even 1000 yards in a season back in 2003 as our starter.

Any trade of WM which does not give the Bills a player who has started 16 games previously in the NFL and has gained over 1000 yards in a season recently is simply a risky propostion.

In fact, if I was JP Losman and almost guaranteed that any rookie EVEN IF he turns out to be a fabulous runner is going to spend his first year whiffing a few times on blitz pick-up and just as JP seems to be coming into his own depending on a rookie to be our RB starter virtually guarantees that JP will be running for his life a few times. I'd be pissed of they traded WM for even a first rounder without getting me a vet who can be expected to play the game on 3rd down.

The Browns take brady quinn...adrian peterson drops.

we trade Takeo Spikes and our 1st rd to the texans and take peterson. gg

I am well aware of his injury history, and it does scare me, but he is one of the most talented players I have EVER seen. worht the risk imo.

Does Spikes really have ANY trade value...especially with his contract. I got a feeling he will end up being cut.

C'mon, it's not THAT stupid...

Titans need a RB. They've soured on Haynesworth although he says he is committed to getting his anger under control. The Bills need a DT.

The 'Skins may be willing to part with Betts for a pick, plus they could use d-line depth and Krumrie/Gray/Greggo are familiar with Tim Anderson.

Not that outlandish...

The 'Skins may be willing to part with Betts for a pick, plus they could use d-line depth and Krumrie/Gray/Greggo are familiar with Tim Anderson.

I thought Krumrie signed with the Bengals or Chiefs last season.