"The Winner" on Fox

buckeyemike

The show is set in Buffalo. We start in June 1994, when the protagonist is 32, unemployed, and living with his parents. Today, he's supposed to be the richest man in Buffalo (richer than Golisano or Jeremy Jacobs? He must be loaded.). The major background event is the OJ slow speed chase.

Piece of cra...uh, pretty good show. <_<

Honestly, it had its moments...but I thought I saw DVD cases in the video store where the guy worked at. That would tell me that they didn't do their research very well.

The show is set in Buffalo. We start in June 1994, when the protagonist is 32, unemployed, and living with his parents. Today, he's supposed to be the richest man in Buffalo (richer than Golisano or Jeremy Jacobs? He must be loaded.). The major background event is the OJ slow speed chase.

Honestly, it had its moments...but I thought I saw DVD cases in the video store where the guy worked at. That would tell me that they didn't do their research very well.

I thought I saw a movie about this show a little while back

Funny cause it also starred a former (bhut funnier) Daily show corrispondent.

I can't remember the title of the movie, but it had a 40 year old guy in it, and I believe he was a virgin?

It wasn't great and probably won't be on much longer, but who knows, I could be wrong, I mean they have kept worse shows on the air

I had to turn it off after five minutes. What a putrid show.

I had to turn it off after five minutes. What a putrid show.

You should have given it a little bit longer, I really liked it. I always liked ROb Courdry's sense of humor and his delivery when he was on the Daily Show.

i try not to be a hater on anything right away. and, by default, im a fan of both Rob Courdry and Seth McFarland so i was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt even if it had a slow start. but that show sucked from the get-go.

the entire series opened with an OJ joke...

the jokes are forced and the writing is not witty.

i dont know, maybe after a few episodes it will find its path and will get better. but it may be too late by then...

You should have given it a little bit longer, I really liked it. I always liked ROb Courdry's sense of humor and his delivery when he was on the Daily Show.

Thats my stance on it

I watched both episodes and can't say I enjoyed it

I am always confused when a show like this has a chance to air, yet a show like arrested development gets canceled by the same network

i have to say that it is better than the naked trucker or the sarah silverman shows... that said this show has some potential, but in all likelihood it will be canceled after a season or two

Those shows are supposed to be stupid and not taken seriously. Most people who watch them are probably just as baked watching them as they were writing them.

I can't see this show lasting the 1-2 season you say. Most stations tend to cancel shows like that early if they aren't getting the response they want.