Just a little tidbit on Langston walker

ostlc77

Actually Hemet, if you read the whole thread no one said Langston was a piece of schit.It was taked out of context.Some fans get their blood pressure boiling so much in here,they read into things that aren`t really there for the sake of argueing.....after reading this,you`ll see what I mean.

I realize players can get better from their days in college but here's a blip from CNNSI predraft bio

Langston Walker | OT | California | Pacific-10 Conference

Selected by Oakland Raiders in round 2, pick 21 (53 overall)

Height Weight 40 Grade

6'6 340 5.25 3.59

Four-year starter that played both left and right tackle. Only played four games as a junior, as a broken ankle early in the year forced him to miss most of the season.

Mammoth, powerful lineman yet to live up to the expectations placed on him early in his career. Blocks with a wide base, forward lean, and quick with his hands, extending them and easily pushing opponents out of their angle of attack. Tremendous overall body strength, anchors in pass protection or gets movement from his run blocks. Engulfs opponents but also shows the ability to move in space and does an admirable job protecting the edge on passing downs. Displays above average footwork and lateral agility for such a big man. Not quick off the snap and late into his blocks, gets sloppy and does not chop block well. Overweight, not light on his feet and wears down over the course of a game. Does not use his blocking angles correctly or do the little things well. Biggest problem seems to be a lack of intensity; does not attack his blocks or play aggressive football. Had the potential to be an early round draft selection based off the tapes of his sophomore season but his play has leveled off the past two-years almost to the point where he has regressed. Needs to condition himself better, lose weight and keep his focus and concentration on the field at all times if he's to have a future at the next level. Early Fifth Round.

To me this sounds like Mike Williams revisted so call me unimpressed until he proves me wrong.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic