Jason Peters vs. these new OL contracts

Does anyone know if the Bills contemplate renegotiation with Peters?

Very good question, it would seem that he's in line for renegotiation as he's getting less money than either of the new guys.

I'm not sold at all on this Walker guy, $25 million, risky.

Does anyone know if the Bills contemplate renegotiation with Peters?

No. They won't. They just re-signed him last year. They will not renegotiate again this quickly.

He's making 2.6 in 07. But when his next contract comes due, he'll get to cash in big time.

No. They won't. They just re-signed him last year. They will not renegotiate again this quickly.

He's making 2.6 in 07. But when his next contract comes due, he'll get to cash in big time.

Hmmm...I thought he signed a 5 year deal. That's a good bit of time for a player.

Hmmm...I thought he signed a 5 year deal. That's a good bit of time for a player.

True, but as the original post implied - would The Bills open up his contract and pour out cash immediately - the answer is NO.

I can see them adjusting his contract well before he gets anywhere near being a FA.

Likely, some more multi-million dollars will be available. I hope he's our LT for the rest of his career - and that it's a long one.

True, but as the original post implied - would The Bills open up his contract and pour out cash immediately - the answer is NO.

I can see them adjusting his contract well before he gets anywhere near being a FA.

Likely, some more multi-million dollars will be available. I hope he's our LT for the rest of his career - and that it's a long one.

Didn't mean to imply an immediate re-do. I suspect they'll chat during the season and if Peters shows well, something might be done.