Raiders fans talk about Langston Walker

Don't forget Walker started on the Raiders line when they went to the Super Bowl at guard. Add to that he was injured most of last year. I guarentee he is a far better run blocker than Pennington or Butler, we'll see about pass protection. He played well every year except this last one. Hmmmmm...

Um, factual falsehood posted.

Gamebook here...

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/gamebo...20030126_OAK@TB

Middleton and Collins started. Walker was safely on the bench.

It was when Walker played, t or g, that the Raider OL started to sukk.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it that an o-line with Gallery, Grove and a 6'8" tackle suck so badly? It has to be much more than the players. Many, many of us here desperately wanted the Bills to draft Gallery and Grove. They looked like chumps last year. Whatever made them look so bad likely also made Walker look bad. I am willing to give the Bills' staff the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Easy. Gallery is about the worst all time ever read by "draft gurus." Gallery is just a flat out disaster and deserves to be cut. He has proven he sukks at both ORT and OLT. Grove is "tough mean dirty etc" but is not a great athlete. Grove is decent but nothing special.

"a 6'8" tackle" tells you what? It tells you his friggin height. Wayne Gandy was a good OLT at 6'3". Height does not equal quality OT. In Walker's case, it suggests an inverse relationship to talent.

The Raider OL has gone from one of the NFL's best to one of the worst in just a few short years. It is all about the players. The Raider OL players just are terrible. Unfortunately, we just paid up for their worst one...

He may not have started in the Bowl Delorian, but he has played well every year excert this past one, which he got injured. I don't know if the injury was affecting his play before he sat out the last 10 games or not, but he has played very solid at times. We may not have signed Erik Williams in his prime, but I think most will be pleasantly surprised.

He may not have started in the Bowl Delorian, but he has played well every year excert this past one, which he got injured. I don't know if the injury was affecting his play before he sat out the last 10 games or not, but he has played very solid at times. We may not have signed Erik Williams in his prime, but I think most will be pleasantly surprised.

He played i think a total of 5/6 plays at TE as an extra blocker.....

That same year he started for Lincoln Kennedy(injury) and the Raiders went on to rush for 150 yards vs our own Buffalo Bills....

"but he has played well every year excert this past one"

LMAO!!!

"Playing well" to you must mean the following:

1. getting regularly burned in pass protection

2. getting stood up and overpowered on running plays

3. getting called for holding a lot

4. getting the Raider fan base to absolutely HATE your guts

"excert" is a word that perhaps needs translation here...

Last year when the Bills signed Tutan Reyes, the same kind of thread was started for him. Panthers fans warned us he sucked, I (who am a Panther fan as well) told you he sucked, and guess what? He sucked. Just because Buffalo signs a guy, doesn't mean he is gold. I don't know anything about Walker, so I'm cetainly not going to knock him, but I would wait until he takes the field before giving Marv a reach around.

Signing any player to $25 million dollar contract who was part of one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history seems to be a real bad move to me.

Levy's a big special teams guy. Obviously we signed this guy as our master kick blocker. He's not going to play OL this year. :devil:

Actual quotes from Raiders fans from ScoutsInc board...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=66#S=66&amp...86&T=183758

"Actually this should provide for some great entertainment for the Bills fans as well. They will get to see a 345lb man get lifted of his feet while trying to block a DT. Bring the popcorn fans, it's fun to watch !!!"

"They better have a large supply of QB's"

" Free Agent move guaranteed to shorten Losman's career"

"25 million over five years...did the Bills watch any tape of Raider games last season?"

"wow,he was actually considered to play in the nfl,after last year's debacle...he should just retire in shame."

"Thank god - he sucked for us other then a blocked kick here or there - when he was healthy he was below average, throw in being hurt as much as he was, and goodbye Langston you slow fat peice of crap."

"

"but he has played well every year excert this past one"

LMAO!!!

"Playing well" to you must mean the following:

1. getting regularly burned in pass protection

2. getting stood up and overpowered on running plays

3. getting called for holding a lot

4. getting the Raider fan base to absolutely HATE your guts

"excert" is a word that perhaps needs translation here...

The Raider have been my west coast 4pm game for years on DTV....Langston has not been as bad as you make him out to be....he is a much better run blocker then you give him credit for....infact in 2005 he played inside he did an excellent job in the run game before getting hurt........

his problem has always been is pass protection....He reminds me of another ex Bills RT who ran block real well, but was only an average passs blocker......

maybe mcnally can work his magic on Langston, unluck that other RT

"he is a much better run blocker then you give him credit for....infact in 2005 he played inside he did an excellent job in the run game before getting hurt........"

Ah, the eternal equation of size = great run blocking. In fact, one of the quotes I posted above more accurately describes Walker's play at OG - DTs got under him and badly overpowered him. That is why he was moved back to OT. He first royally sukked at ORT. Then he got benched and was tried at OG, where he also royally sukked. Last year, Gallery was moved back to OLT and Walker was moved to ORT. The result was the worst pass protection in the NFL, the coach got fired etc. etc.

OK, Bills fans, you want to believe, then believe. Your dream that Walker really isn't someone who "should retire in shame" will be outed in August...

Actual quotes from Raiders fans from ScoutsInc board...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=66#S=66&amp...86&T=183758

"Actually this should provide for some great entertainment for the Bills fans as well. They will get to see a 345lb man get lifted of his feet while trying to block a DT. Bring the popcorn fans, it's fun to watch !!!"

"They better have a large supply of QB's"

" Free Agent move guaranteed to shorten Losman's career"

"25 million over five years...did the Bills watch any tape of Raider games last season?"

"wow,he was actually considered to play in the nfl,after last year's debacle...he should just retire in shame."

"Thank god - he sucked for us other then a blocked kick here or there - when he was healthy he was below average, throw in being hurt as much as he was, and goodbye Langston you slow fat peice of crap."

"

Fortunately, since this new group has been on hand to run the team, most every move they have made has been criticized from the very top of the "so called experts" to the very crap-infested depths of another team's fan base, and interestly enough, more people have been wrong of their critiques of this crew than will ever be right.

So while I understand your need to play to the lowest common denominator for the sake of feeling you know something about this sport, I suggest you let everyone play a season before deciding that you know more than anyone else ever will.

Riling up the poor because they have no money is so easy, even a child can do. Case in point: your post above.

Signing any player to $25 million dollar contract who was part of one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history seems to be a real bad move to me.

I don't understand this signing, look at how bad the Raiders OL was last year, sure you can't pin it on any one guy but to sign a part of that unit to a contract this large is absolutely moronic.

We signed an undrafted tight end who wasn't even a 3rd string tackle in college, to average Left tackle money...Thats why coaches/scouts watch tape :devil:

The Raider have been my west coast 4pm game for years on DTV....Langston has not been as bad as you make him out to be....he is a much better run blocker then you give him credit for....infact in 2005 he played inside he did an excellent job in the run game before getting hurt........

his problem has always been is pass protection....He reminds me of another ex Bills RT who ran block real well, but was only an average passs blocker......

maybe mcnally can work his magic on Langston, unluck that other RT

I hope you're right but I haven't seen a whole lot of "magic" since he got here. Unless you consider" Ladies and Gentlemen..I will now make this QB disappear under this defensive line, watch closely as it will be quick" !

I hope you're right but I haven't seen a whole lot of "magic" since he got here. Unless you consider" Ladies and Gentlemen..I will now make this QB disappear under this defensive line, watch closely as it will be quick" !

It's no surprise that people want to criticize a single player on an OL without even once considering the scheme the guy was playing in. Are there so many people here who know less than me about this sport that didn't see the Raiders QB drop back deep on every single passing play they tried to execute?

It's no surprise that people want to criticize a single player on an OL without even once considering the scheme the guy was playing in. Are there so many people here who know less than me about this sport that didn't see the Raiders QB drop back deep on every single passing play they tried to execute?

walker wasnt the big name anyway, dockery is. the idea is to get a quality throughout the line so everybody's game gets better. and as far as the raiders after moss, porter and jordan went down they had absolutely zero talent at the "talent" positions. no line could have saved that team

walker wasnt the big name anyway, dockery is. the idea is to get a quality throughout the line so everybody's game gets better. and as far as the raiders after moss, porter and jordan went down they had absolutely zero talent at the "talent" positions. no line could have saved that team

I don't think you've been following: the reason the Raiders sucked last year is strictly and solely because of Walker. Period. He was the lone reason the Raider QBs were on the ground the entire time. Pay attention. :devil: