GAH! Bob Matthews Of The D&C

Mark VI

Along the same line -- when the Titans broadcast team took over in the 2nd half they were horrible.  At one point saying that the Titans D had done a great job because the Bills didn't get in the endzone after a turnover.  The drive summary was 4 plays for -5 yards.  What they didn't point out was that we had 2 holding penalties on that drive.  We actually picked up about 17 yards on a run by SWilliams only to be negated by a hold.  You say the run went that far because of the hold?  Well, what about the flagrant facemask as Shaud went through the hole?  The officials missed that one (not any other minor facemasks that were flagged for 15 though).  True final stats from that possession, 4 plays (one a kick) for 15 yards.  Sounds like a dominating D to me.  The officials were especially tight on Saturday.  That was the problem.

4448[/snapback]

On those Titans Broadcasters...They were brutal, talking up Jeff Fisher and his supposed hissy fits over the Bills being too aggressive after the whistle. Now, there were quite a few tussles after the whistle Sat. Night, but those guys were talking like the Titans players were a bunch of non-sinning Nuns out there conducting Sunday Mass...What a joke...It's Pre Season Football out there guys. You have Players fighting for there professional lives. It's not badminton...get over it...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the pass was tipped which caused it to come in a little behind Henry. However, if it hadn't been tipped it looked like Drew was leading him right into Woolfolk who had him lined up for a killshot. I'm not ripping Drew here, I'm just saying if the ball hadn't been tipped it might have ended up worse than some sore ribs.

Cya

4477[/snapback]

However, if it hadn't been tipped Woolfolk may laso have missed him completely and Henry could have rambled for 20 yds. These arguements are just dumb.

However, if it hadn't been tipped Woolfolk may laso have missed him completely and Henry could have rambled for 20 yds. These arguements are just dumb.

It was an observation, not an argument for or against anything. And the only thing that kept Woolfolk from nailing him was that Bulluck dropped him first. Travis had crosshairs in his earhole and was going to get nailed no matter how dumb I am.

Cya

Guest Guest_PJBrown_*
The pass to Henry was tipped by the linebacker before it got to Henry causing the pass to be behind him.  Did anybody see the play?

:rolleyes:

4418[/snapback]

It was definitely tipped. I changed direction...I was surprised no one has mentioned that.

Guest Guest_dschewe_*

And to those who think the article was fair:

That was not just a cheap shot?!  :rolleyes:

4373[/snapback]

Your right, this is where Mathews went to far. That was a no class comment. I hope the team remembers that comment when Mathews wants to interview a team member.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...309/1007/SPORTS

Maybe if I close my eyes, I'll see the old Buffalo Courier Express with Mike Kanaley and Phil Ranallo writing responsible,intelligent, quality articles.

4329[/snapback]

Those were the days.

Way too early to be slamming Drew, at least wait & see what he does in Week 1.

Give him half a chance, jeez.

A cheap shot would have been Bob Matthews writing that Bledsoe couldn't beat Zippy Chippy in a footrace.

I think this is the first BM column I've read where he hasn't metioned that nag or his beloved NY Yankees.

(she said BM....heh heheh heh)

Drew cannot put points up in the Red Zone. No matter how good your defense is you cannot win games if you dont score TDs. Drew cannot score TDs plain and simple. By week 8 when our offense has less the 6 TDs we will all be calling for JP

Guest george IV

Bledsoe needs a name change: King of All Excuses.

It took a couple years for this dud to be exposed in New England and it will take the true believers here a few more miserable performances to realize he is still a dud!!

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/trn/sp_pro_...3131209,00.html

Long live the King of All Excuses!!

The King has been exposed - wake up losers. Bledsoe is the path to mediocrity at best.

What has <The QB Who Must Not Be Slandered> ever done to gain this legion of people who are offended over a throwaway line in a columnist's piece? A columnist is SUPPOSED TO OFFER OPINIONS!

I'll never understand the phenomeneon of those who will make excuses for whatever The Cerebral Statue does. :D

What has <The QB Who Must Not Be Slandered> ever done to gain this legion of people who are offended over a throwaway line in a columnist's piece?  A columnist is SUPPOSED TO OFFER OPINIONS!

I'll never understand the phenomeneon of those who will make excuses for whatever The Cerebral Statue does.  :D

4953[/snapback]

You go little buddy! Don't let the fact that the Statue has been juking rushers all pre-season get in the way, you stay cemented to the spot you've picked just like a good little Dead Horse Beater! And don't just do it once, do it again and again and again and again again and again and again and again again and again and again and again!!!!!

You go little buddy! Don't let the fact that the Statue has been juking rushers all pre-season get in the way, you stay cemented to the spot you've picked just like a good little Dead Horse Beater! And don't just do it once, do it again and again and again and again again and again and again and again again and again and again and again!!!!!

4964[/snapback]

<The QB Who Must Not Be Slandered> has his #1 fan checking in again! :rolleyes:

It was definitely tipped. I changed direction...I was surprised no one has mentioned that.

4572[/snapback]

It was tipped? what??!! A big tall qb like that and his pass was tipped? Damn, i must be brainwashed by all that flutie is too short stuff, i was under the impression that at 6'5", passes are never tipped.

What has <The QB Who Must Not Be Slandered> ever done to gain this legion of people who are offended over a throwaway line in a columnist's piece?  A columnist is SUPPOSED TO OFFER OPINIONS!

I'll never understand the phenomeneon of those who will make excuses for whatever The Cerebral Statue does.  :D

4953[/snapback]

Mike, what are you doing?

You often have made some decent arguments on this board, and offered an outside perspective, but this post is just tired drivel. If you're trying to say you agree with BM (or are a BM), just say that.

I think everyone here knows BM was doing his job as a columnist offering his opinion, they just think he took an innaccurate (about throwing behind Henry) and cheap shot at the home team. Just being negative is easy. Try this on: the Pats are going to suck this year, and will not even make the playoffs (very stimulating, isn't it?).

If he has an opinion, what does he think we sould do? What would you do if you ran the Bills (and wanted us to win)? Would you really just release Bledsoe and take the salary cap hit?

If he has an opinion, what does he think we sould do?  What would you do if you ran the Bills (and wanted us to win)?  Would you really just release Bledsoe and take the salary cap hit?

4988[/snapback]

Oh man, I feel a blazing headache coming on.

Oh man, I feel a blazing headache coming on.

5001[/snapback]

Sorry, man. I probably should have left that last bit off.

I don't like to just slam people, even when they're being ridiculous, without trying to engage them.

Mike, what are you doing?

You often have made some decent arguments on this board, and offered an outside perspective, but this post is just tired drivel.  If you're trying to say you agree with BM (or are a BM), just say that.

I think everyone here knows BM was doing his job as a columnist offering his opinion, they just think he took an innaccurate (about throwing behind Henry) and cheap shot at the home team.  Just being negative is easy.  Try this on: the Pats are going to suck this year, and will not even make the playoffs (very stimulating, isn't it?).

If he has an opinion, what does he think we sould do?  What would you do if you ran the Bills (and wanted us to win)?  Would you really just release Bledsoe and take the salary cap hit?

4988[/snapback]

If I ran the Bills (and I'm on record about this), I certainly wouldn't have re-signed him to a new contract. I would have released him - with NO accelerated signing bonus to be accountable for - and would have instead tried to sign a veteran caretaker (Blake, Volek, O'Donnell) for a year until J.P. (Just Play!) Losman is ready. Another year with Drew at the helm is another year lost (with a potentially great D and good running game to boot.)

You know what? When you're right, you're right. And you're right about my droning on about Drew. I'm just truly baffled as to why people take criticism about him so personally, and why they *won't* allow negative things to be said about him. The only word I can come up with is 'baffling'. And it's not just WNY, there are still pockets of that here in Boston. Unbelievable.

I can't promise that I'll succeed, but I'll do my best to curtail the same 'ol same 'ol Drew Posts. For the record, he's still a Cerebral Statue, he's still the benefactor of the DB Excuse Generator, he still a Sacred Cow, it's still not EVER Drew's fault, he's still <The QB Who Must Not Be Slandered>. and I still think his favorite food is hamburger pat-pat-patties.

I'll just keep it in for awhile. :rolleyes:

Quite the opposite to the tone of this thread, I feel that this pre-season has shown glimpses of positive things from Bledsoe. Think about it, what has been Bledsoe's biggest weakness throughout his career considering that he is immobile? It has been that he holds the ball, looking for the deep ball too long.

What have we seen all training camp and in the preseason? We have seen the ball leave drew's hands VERY QUICKLY. Small dump-offs to the backs, quick hits to WR's, and balls to the TE. THIS IS VERY POSITIVE. His completion percentage has been high.

The criticism is that - "hey, we have not got in the endzone!" Fair enough, however, we have not yet seen this new offensive system gameplanned for a specific opponent over the course of a game. I think that is where you will see the benefits of a consistent, high percentage passing game, complimented by a strong running game.

So, in sum, call me crazy, by I am optomistic by what I have seen from Drew and the offense.

4953[/snapback]

Sorry, am I the only one who still hopes that a columnist expresses facts that are research and documented?

Unless this article was plastered with editorial signs and headlines, BM should stay away from his own opinion and stick to responsible reporting.

Archived