Last Week, Today, Draft

Last week.."cash to the cap" we are never gonna sign anyone this organization is a joke

Today..we over paid for free agents.. this organization is a joke

What will make people happy? im sure the draft will consist of "we should of gone offense" (if we pick defense) or "we should of gone defense" (if we pick offense) .. plus i'm sure he will be a reach

The bottom line: Most fans think they know more about the game and personnel than football professionals who are paid millions for their knowledge of the game and personnel. Many Bills fans seem to forget that it was forecast months ago that the $ figures we're used to hearing will be thrown out the window this year, and you can thank the CBA for that. The cap went up to the point where only the Fins and a couple other teams are strapped. The market is absolutely huge. Clements struck it rich. Fletcher is on the wrong side of 30 and struck it rich. Dockery is young and big and powerful and was in demand. Fortunately, he liked the Bills growing up. Now that left side is bolstered by size, atheticism, and true fandom. (Peters was a Bills fan as a kid, too.) No, I'm not saying that that's critical. It's just gravy. But it's really think and tasty gravy. Like with sausage chunks and stuff.

It makes sense though. All of us 'fans' have individual opinions & most think that their opinion is the only valid one......therefore, whatever happens there will always be a number of posters whinging & complaining that the sky is falling.

I'm just happy we got one of the top OGs in FA. :devil:

Right on Brother! I am sick to tears of all of this negativity. Without any clear supporting evidence, some people around here are already going to write the Bills off in 2007? The negative Crackhead Brigade(or whatever that was) never seems to be around when we do well. The same exact thing is going on this season as last season.

It also annoys me that these same posters only seem to show up the day we make a move and tell us IMMEDIATELY that it's definitely a BAD MOVE. I'm not going to name names but the Negative Crackheads have been proven clearly WRONG. Here are some examples from last year:

1. Hiring Marv

2. Hiring DJ

3. Deciding to start JP

4. JP getting better after the bye

5. Signing Nate Clements(I say this because there is NO WAY IN HELL Nate is worth $80 Mil over 8 years. I liked the guy, but NO WAY IN HELL is he worth that much.)

I could go on but the point has been made. Not one negative poster was saying: Tutan Reyes is a definite bust. How convenient that they use that NOW and blow that up into: "Marv don't know football" because he signed a transitional player HIS FIRST YEAR AS GM! What did they expect? Marv came in with a schitload on his plate last year, and, taking the whole season into consideration, you guys want to crucify him over Tutan fuggin' Reyes? Bull fuggin' Schit.

How consistently wrong these posters are, coupled with the fact that they only seem to show up when we make big moves, leads me to believe that they are TROLLS. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they are fans form other teams trying to get a rise out of us. Or, they simply like to start schit. Or, they hate their team's message boards(trust me most are beyond retarded), and come here because this is the only place you can actually learn something new about football. Either way, I suggest we ignore them. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

Right on Brother! I am sick to tears of all of this negativity. Without any clear supporting evidence, some people around here are already going to write the Bills off in 2007? The negative Crackhead Brigade(or whatever that was) never seems to be around when we do well. The same exact thing is going on this season as last season.

It also annoys me that these same posters only seem to show up the day we make a move and tell us IMMEDIATELY that it's definitely a BAD MOVE. I'm not going to name names but the Negative Crackheads have been proven clearly WRONG. Here are some examples from last year:

1. Hiring Marv

2. Hiring DJ

3. Deciding to start JP

4. JP getting better after the bye

5. Signing Nate Clements(I say this because there is NO WAY IN HELL Nate is worth $80 Mil over 8 years. I liked the guy, but NO WAY IN HELL is he worth that much.)

I could go on but the point has been made. Not one negative poster was saying: Tutan Reyes is a definite bust. How convenient that they use that NOW and blow that up into: "Marv don't know football" because he signed a transitional player HIS FIRST YEAR AS GM! What did they expect? Marv came in with a schitload on his plate last year, and, taking the whole season into consideration, you guys want to crucify him over Tutan fuggin' Reyes? Bull fuggin' Schit.

How consistently wrong these posters are, coupled with the fact that they only seem to show up when we make big moves, leads me to believe that they are TROLLS. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they are fans form other teams trying to get a rise out of us. Or, they simply like to start schit. Or, they hate their team's message boards(trust me most are beyond retarded), and come here because this is the only place you can actually learn something new about football. Either way, I suggest we ignore them. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

I completely agree. And as Dibs said a post earlier, we just signed one of the 3 best FA guards. What more do people want?

All this talk about Reyes, the one thing that some people are forgetting is... what did that bad decision cost us? Not a whole lot. So, in the end, it wasn't that bad of a decision at all. It was a shot, that's all. Now Walker and Dockery could be big mistakes, given the amount of money they appear to be getting. But, for anyone to come up now and say they're undoubtedly big mistakes is just BS.

Dockery by all accounts appears to be a solid player that the Redskins wanted to keep. We just paid him more and got the guy we wanted. Walker is a little more of a question mark for me, but until I see him fail in Buffalo, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he'll at least be a little better than CV.

Some people just can't be happy. There's little doubt that we just seriously upgraded the talent on our O-line today - even the "experts" on ESPN, NFL Network, and Sirius recognize this fact. Yet, some people would rather find fault. It's actually a fairly pathetic attempt to garner attention, IMO.

I'll go you guys one further, if this offseason continues as it started, the Bills could become SERIOUS playoff contenders! Free agency is a day old and the major issue offensively has been addressed smartly! Any more free agents only bolsters the mommentum built on Friday, March 2nd. Personally, I'd venture to say that the initial thrust does limit Buffalo to MAYBE one or two options, but I can live with a preemtive strike any day when it nets solid NFL talent that ALL the teams with O-line woes were looking at.... bet the farm on that statement!! You don't think the Arizona Cardinals fans (ALL 2 of them!) wouldn't have rubbed their eyes, this morning, and CELEBRATED this type of yeild?? The draft, in my opinion, is fairly strong where the Bills need the most help, so it is highly likely that as in 2006, this next class can come in and make an equal showing, and contribute to a very successful team. Well, enough said... blaze away all you negative Nancy types!!!!