etc..etc...

Projected 2007 starters:

RT Langston Walker 10.75 sacks allowed*

RG Jason Whittle 1.0 sacks allowed**

C Melvin Fowler 3.0 sacks allowed

LG Derrick Dockery 3.0 sacks allowed***

LT Jason Peters 2.0 sacks allowed

2006 starters:

RT Jason Peters/Terrance Pennington: 4.0 sacks allowed (Jason Peters credited with 2.0 sacks allowed)

RG Chris Villarial/Duke Preston: 6.0 sacks allowed (Chris Villarial credited with 4.0 sacks allowed)

LG Mike Gandy/Tutan Reyes: 14.0 sacks allowe (Gandy credited with 12.5 allowed)

LT Mike Gandy/Jason Peters: 14.5 sacks allowed (Gandy credit with 12.5 allowed)

*RT appears to be a downgrade unless Terrance Pennington can beat out Walker for the starting RT position.

**Whittle only had 2 starts last year so all things said it might be a sidegrade but still eye taking a RG prospect on day 1 of the draft such as Arron Sears.

***It would look like Dockery is an upgrade at LG.

Stats found at http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/index.asp

In all honesty the best signing in my eyes was Whittle. Dockery might prove me wrong but feel all Marv did was sign a bunch of big guys in hope to shore up the line but the big guys lack athleticism which to me more important then sheer size alone. Time will tell what they will be as a unit but I personally don't like the parts used.

Projected 2007 starters:

2006 starters:

RT Jason Peters/Terrance Pennington: 4.0 sacks allowed (Jason Peters credited with 2.0 sacks allowed)

RG Chris Villarial/Duke Preston: 6.0 sacks allowed (Chris Villarial credited with 4.0 sacks allowed)

*RT appears to be a downgrade unless Terrance Pennington can beat out Walker for the starting RT position.

**Whittle only had 2 starts last year so all things said it might be a sidegrade but still eye taking a RG prospect on day 1 of the draft such as Arron Sears.

In all honesty the best signing in my eyes was Whittle. Dockery might prove me wrong but feel all Marv did was sign a bunch of big guys in hope to shore up the line but the big guys lack athleticism which to me more important then sheer size alone. Time will tell what they will be as a unit but I personally don't like the parts used.

I seriously doubt that they would sign a guy to a one-year contract for 720K expecting him to start. He is a versatile back-up.

Walker got a lot of money. They must be very sure he can handle the starting role. But at RT or RG?

He is big, strong and had decent feet. I think he will do very well under McNally's tutalge.

I seriously doubt that they would sign a guy to a one-year contract for 720K expecting him to start. He is a versatile back-up.

Then shift Walker to RG and Pennington to RT then there's an arguable improvement at RT and some serious questions at RG. I suppose I can live with the Dockery signing but don't count me in the mix happy with Walker right now.

You absolutely cannot judge Walker on last year's offense. They were led by a guy who hadn't been in football in ten years, and had spent that time running a bed and breakfast. Every player on that line was hamstrung by terrible coaching and zero chemistry and motivation to fight.

Projected 2007 starters:

2006 starters:

Then shift Walker to RG and Pennington to RT then there's an arguable improvement at RT and some serious questions at RG. I suppose I can live with the Dockery signing but don't count me in the mix happy with Walker right now.

Yeah, that is what I am thinking, and hoping. That they play Walker at RG, where he played better at guard than at tackle. He's huge, and I really think that Walker and Dockery bookending Fowler is going to make Fowler a much, much better player. I can live with Pennington or Butler at RT if we have the middle of the line taken care of. They immediately brought in Walker on the first day and gave him 25 million after they had already signed Dockery. They must have liked what they saw on film a lot. I am going to trust them on this one, as opposed to, say, signing Reyes who nobody else seemed to want and they waited and waited until they could sign him on the cheap.

I read that the Bills just spent $75 million on the online. Dockery got 7/$49 million, Walker received 5/$25 million, and Whittle received a 1/$760,000. Also being speculated that Langston was brought in to play RG. The question is, who is better, Duke Preston or Terrance Pennington? Walker will be inserted at the weakest link.

I read that the Bills just spent $75 million on the online. Dockery got 7/$49 million, Walker received 5/$25 million, and Whittle received a 1/$760,000. Also being speculated that Langston was brought in to play RG. The question is, who is better, Duke Preston or Terrance Pennington? Walker will be inserted at the weakest link.

FWIW, I read Walker at RT and Brad Butler at RG. I'll take it.

You absolutely cannot judge Walker on last year's offense. They were led by a guy who hadn't been in football in ten years, and had spent that time running a bed and breakfast. Every player on that line was hamstrung by terrible coaching and zero chemistry and motivation to fight.

You can blame the Raiders OC for being bad but look at the rest of the coaching staff Walker had.was quite remarkable as 1)His former HC (Art Shell) was one of the best O-lineman to ever play in the NFL and a member of the HOF, 2)The Raiders O-line coach (Jim Coletto) was Jonathan Ogden's coach from 1999-2004 and 3) his assistant O-line coach (Irv Eatman) was arguably the best O-lineman to ever play in the USFL.