I never would have believed any of this

nodnarb

coaching: upgrade in experience and historical achievements.

offensive system: upgrade over gilbride (or so we all believed)

defensive system: should only have gotten better with no changes

ST: is better, for the most part.

Heart: should have been better after our changes and a coach that the players can relate to. Or so whe all believed.

This offense is bewildering. I still don't believe it's the system or the playcalling. I believe it's Bledsoe and a mediocre line and a starting tailback that everyone knows is not a "complete" back. He can't catch and can't block. He's a one-cut back, which is easier to defend than guys that can make you drop your jock. Bledsoe is the easiest player to defend because you know where he's going to be every time. He has lost all pocket awareness and can't see the field.

It's Bledsoe, folks. Watch the tape and count how many times he threw to a second look. I count TWO all day. 10 possessions, TWO attempts to second looks. That is what you call BAD.

If the coaches don't start Losman when he's healthy, then I'll criticize them. And they'll deserve it. Drew CANNOT be our starter next year, or we might as well not watch.

The problem now is that he's sucked so bad with the sacks, patting the ball, zeroing in on Moulds, being slow on his drop, etc......that now our standards for his play have fallen so much that people think he's actually having a good game. The one player on the team who can affect the performance of everyone else on the offense is the quarterback. Drew may have games where he isn't as much of a catastrophe as he is in other games, but the REAL problem is that he's not winning! I know there is a laundry list of things we can put our collective finger on and blame for the team not doing well. But ultimately it's the QB who has the greatest impact to take over and win the game. If Bledsoe were Joey Harrington, a young guy who is still learning, I'd feel differently. But Drew is a ten year vet who has been to a superbowl. He should be able to do much more than he's doing.