Americans Want More Government!

"Americans showed a striking willingness in the poll to make tradeoffs to guarantee health insurance for all, including paying as much as $500 more in taxes a year and forgoing future tax cuts. "

$500 doesnt come CLOSE to the increase in taxes we would pay for a Nationalized system of health care! Talk about a flawed poll.

Now...NYT and whomever else is trotting out this RIDICULOUS notion of "guaranteed" health care....Go ask the folks if they would support it if the REAL cost of it is taken into consideration.

Now...NYT and whomever else is trotting out this RIDICULOUS notion of "guaranteed" health care....Go ask the folks if they would support it if the REAL cost of it is taken into consideration.

I doubt that'd change anything, since the politicians would just promise them that the evil "rich people" would pay for it. It's just another pipe dream that will push us ever closer to the inevitable collapse we're rolling toward.

Every government program starts out as an ideological endeavor to solve a problem. It's what it'll morph into that we need to fear. Forty years from now, when health care still sucks and our standard of living has collapsed, we'll have spent untold amounts of money for pretty much no net gain.

Nice wordsmithing - 55% want universal health coverage, yet less than 50% want to pay for it (more than $500) and believe government should provide it.

A more striking comparison is that 71% of democrats favor universal healthcare, yet 63% would be willing to fork over $500 in extra taxes to achieve it. Republicans OTOH, 29% believe universal healthcare is a priority, but 33% would be willing to pay over $500 to attain it.

Discuss.

The cost of health care has many people nervous and want something done. Have they thought about the long term consequences? Probably not. Its pretty much that simple.

Thank you for sharing your inner monologue. I suggest you brush up on the free lunch theory.

Thank you for sharing your inner monologue. I suggest you brush up on the free lunch theory.

Well, health care is extremely important. Life and death. Its as important as war to people who need it. So you can just dismiss its need, but obiously most people don't. Hopefully it can be done as cheaply as possible using both public and private health care methods. But it is clear we will have something more than we have now

Well, health care is extremely important. Life and death. Its as important as war to people who need it. So you can just dismiss its need, but obiously most people don't. Hopefully it can be done as cheaply as possible using both public and private health care methods. But it is clear we will have something more than we have now

Yeah, it's really important. So important that more people than ever don't exercise, eat right, or take any preventative steps to ensure they have the best possible health. But SOMEONE should make sure EVERYONE is COMPLETELY covered.

But you're not an idiot. :(

Health care and Supersized Jumbo meals for EVERYONE! Courtesy of the FDA!

Health care is so extremely important, that's why so many people die from ignoring preventable conditions. It's not like universal health care is going to stop people from dying of hypertension they don't already take care of.

Yeah, it's really important. So important that more people than ever don't exercise, eat right, or take any preventative steps to ensure they have the best possible health. But SOMEONE should make sure EVERYONE is COMPLETELY covered.

But you're not an idiot. :(

I'd love to means test health care! But it wouldn't fly. I'd imagine the fat tax wouldn't fly either, as wouldn't a fast food sin tax, which does make sense on many fronts. But all taxes are bad, so I guess not :devil:

I'd love to means test health care! But it wouldn't fly. I'd imagine the fat tax wouldn't fly either, as wouldn't a fast food sin tax, which does make sense on many fronts. But all taxes are bad, so I guess not B-)

Mostly because the taxes won't have the desired affect, nor will the money collected go anywhere near the cause it was designed for. I don't know why these things are so hard to understand, given the facts.

I also never said all taxes are bad and I'm getting pretty tired of you constantly stating it. Some taxes are necessary to provide societal infrastructure. There is simply a delicate balance that's been smashed all to hell since 1913. But thanks again for showing your colors. It never gets old watching you be a hypocrite. Feel free to complain about the same things you regularly do. It's at least quasi-entertaining.

Mostly because the taxes won't have the desired affect, nor will the money collected go anywhere near the cause it was designed for. I don't know why these things are so hard to understand, given the facts.

I also never said all taxes are bad and I'm getting pretty tired of you constantly stating it. Some taxes are necessary to provide societal infrastructure. There is simply a delicate balance that's been smashed all to hell since 1913. But thanks again for showing your colors. It never gets old watching you be a hypocrite. Feel free to complain about the same things you regularly do. It's at least quasi-entertaining.

Hey, he hasnt mentioned Iraq yet.

Yeah, it's really important. So important that more people than ever don't exercise, eat right, or take any preventative steps to ensure they have the best possible health.

I agree. When I used to train clients, I was constantly stressing that exercise was not going to do it alone. They needed to may lifestyle changes in their diet to get the most benefit of overall fitness. Some listened and some didn't.

1) Mostly because the taxes won't have the desired affect, nor will the money collected go anywhere near the cause it was designed for. I don't know why these things are so hard to understand, given the facts.

2) I also never said all taxes are bad and I'm getting pretty tired of you constantly stating it. Some taxes are necessary to provide societal infrastructure. There is simply a delicate balance that's been smashed all to hell since 1913. But thanks again for showing your colors. It never gets old watching you be a hypocrite. Feel free to complain about the same things you regularly do. It's at least quasi-entertaining.

1) Doesn't matter. They don't have to go directly towards health care to help pay for the added burden to the government for paying for expanded health care. Paying into the general fund is fine, because more will be taken out of it.

2) No, you just said taxes are theft. But at least you are starting on a new theme--are far as I'm familure with--of the income tax being the agent of our distruction. Sweet! And I really don't see why you have to basically have a stroke every time you reply to me. Take is easy man. Life is too short to get flustered so easily and so often.

BTW, do you still think we should abolish the FDA?

Nice wordsmithing - 55% want universal health coverage, yet less than 50% want to pay for it (more than $500) and believe government should provide it.

A more striking comparison is that 71% of democrats favor universal healthcare, yet 63% would be willing to fork over $500 in extra taxes to achieve it. Republicans OTOH, 29% believe universal healthcare is a priority, but 33% would be willing to pay over $500 to attain it.

Discuss.

Not exactly on topic... :devil:

People want to send our brave soldiers off to war yet don't want to pay for their health benefits... Heck... All benefits when they return...

Wonder what the TOTAL cost and numbers are for "doing war" are?

But you're not an idiot. :devil:

I have no problem hurting the ecomomy and the junk food industry... Give people LESS choice... Sure they will make stupid, life ending choices none the same... But, less choice for everything done at the expense of the ecomomy.

You can't possibly expect to get everybody onboard the way it is no OR by the way I suggested above... To think so, you gotta be in a dream world.

Let 'em die... Lets see where that takes us...

On another front... Time to change the hypocratic oath... Really...