Marv should release the statement that

...because the offers we've been receiving aren't nearly enough compensation for the hole that would be left in our offense for the 2007 season. We'd much rather have Willis fulfill the remaining year of his contract and see what our options are after that, than to give him away for nothing. So unless a team is willing to trade us their second round pick, I suggest them to not even pick up the phone."

Of course there's a smattering of hyperbole in that statement, but this is what a GM needs to do if he is to have any chance at getting a second round pick from another team. I actually believe that it's NOT in this teams best interest to let Willis walk out the door for anything less than a second round pick. Getting an extra third is a horrible option when you consider the Bills would no longer have a true starting runningback on their team for 2007.

So tell teams to "go jump" unless you're willing to give us a 2nd round pick. You watch, teams will start feeling pressure from their local media and fan base when they see that they are screwed not having a solid runningback. If this never comes to pass then we have McGahee with a huge chip on his shoulder to prove his worth on the field, basically auditioning for his next "big" payday. That is not a problem, that is a very good thing for the Bills. You took a year off, you owe us a year baby!

Come on Marv. Time to start seeing if there is any "REAL" interest in this player.

...because the offers we've been receiving aren't nearly enough compensation for the hole that would be left in our offense for the 2007 season. We'd much rather have Willis fulfill the remaining year of his contract and see what our options are after that, than to give him away for nothing. So unless a team is willing to trade us their second round pick, I suggest them to not even pick up the phone."

Of course there's a smattering of hyperbole in that statement, but this is what a GM needs to do if he is to have any chance at getting a second round pick from another team. I actually believe that it's NOT in this teams best interest to let Willis walk out the door for anything less than a second round pick. Getting an extra third is a horrible option when you consider the Bills would no longer have a true starting runningback on their team for 2007.

So tell teams to "go jump" unless you're willing to give us a 2nd round pick. You watch, teams will start feeling pressure from their local media and fan base when they see that they are screwed not having a solid runningback. If this never comes to pass then we have McGahee with a huge chip on his shoulder to prove his worth on the field, basically auditioning for his next "big" payday. That is not a problem, that is a very good thing for the Bills. You took a year off, you owe us a year baby!

Come on Marv. Time to start seeing if there is any "REAL" interest in this player.

Willis is not going anywhere.

The Bills called Rosenhaus' bluff.

They will not be redoing his contract since the league has refuted Willis contention that he is a top back.

He will have to prove it on the field in 2007 for the Bills to get his big contract.

I think Marv should issue a statement that he doesn't have a clue, and then ask for any GM with extra time on his hands to help the Bills out with their offseason moves as well.