Joe Horn released.

I doubt we would make a play for him but he is one old guy that could produce and have a positive impact on a lot of players. I am usually against the git 'er done mentality, and doubt Horn would want to sign with the Bills but you never know. He could be a James Lofton kind of signing, and really help the receivers and QB.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...032/1001/SPORTS

I doubt we would make a play for him but he is one old guy that could produce and have a positive impact on a lot of players. I am usually against the git 'er done mentality, and doubt Horn would want to sign with the Bills but you never know. He could be a James Lofton kind of signing, and really help the receivers and QB.

He is 35 years old and has been in the league for the same # of years as Eric Moulds and has been injured lately. Plus having been in a sunny state, I doubt this guy wants to come and play in the cold weather. Miami is a more likely destination.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...032/1001/SPORTS

He's the same age as Moulds- part of that ridiculous draft class, but at this point, :worthy:

Comparing ages to other players at the same position is just foolish. There have been a ton of WRs at 35 playing #2 that have been extremely valuable and productive.

Obviously it's not a finite method of determining a player's worth! Afterall, Harrison was apart of that draft class too. But Horn, like Moulds had a very productive, though un-fulfilling career. Never played on a team which was WINNING, has little playoff experience, etc. THE POINT in mentioning his age is to suggest that at this point he's damaged goods, not invaluable!

Age, injury, attitude problems in the past, and having played mostly in a dome are reasons to stay away.

Attitude problems? The guy seems to be loved.

Granted, this isn't a top priority and I don't think we're going to make any kind of serious play for him. But he's a quality player and guy. He's also missed ten total games in 9 years.

Attitude problems? The guys seems to be loved.

Granted, this isn't a top priority and I don't think we're going to make any kind of serious play for him. But he's a quality player and guy. He's also missed ten total games in 9 years.

Yes but 9 of those have been in the last 2 years. He also had 5 drops in 61 targets.

Stick a fork in him. He might be able to limp along as a short-term replacement. But not one that you can count on game in and game in. We have enough of those type of players anyways. He's old and slower than he used to be, and it was really starting to show last year. He's on a downward slide that you can't really stop.