stock market

mead107

who is selling ??

who is buying ??

how low will it go before you sell ?

My portfolio is down about 2% and I am holding. I think we will see it recover in the short-term, but I also think we will see a down turn at the end of the year.

As a naive young stock trader in college, I thought I knew what I was doing, making decent money doing short term trades. Then I lost all of that profit and far more. Finally, I have realized at least I have no chance of beating the market in the long term and have resigned myself to simple mutual funds.

E-mini or the Pit? Front month or longer term?

Okay...honestly, I was just trying to see how many fools I could stampede into making bad investment decisions. :thumbdown:

Though were I to trade S&P futures...probably a short term E-mini straddle. I think the market'll move, I'm just not sure where at the moment. But I'll stick with regular equity options...I can't react with anything near the quickness to trade S&P futures.

Okay...honestly, I was just trying to see how many fools I could stampede into making bad investment decisions. :thumbdown:

Though were I to trade S&P futures...probably a short term E-mini straddle. I think the market'll move, I'm just not sure where at the moment. But I'll stick with regular equity options...I can't react with anything near the quickness to trade S&P futures.

The VIX is up near 16 after lingering around 11 for 3 months. There will be nice premium in those options. I was waiting for a nice "melt up" to end this move, but it never happened. So much for calling a top.

Where would Fulham Oil be today? Bud would have made a mint.

Bud was a technical trader. Remember him blowing off the Knick game to go over charts? GG knew that the only thing Bud ever made money in was BlueStar winning that judgement.

BTW, the Dow is now positive for the day after being down 209.

The VIX is up near 16 after lingering around 11 for 3 months. There will be nice premium in those options. I was waiting for a nice "melt up" to end this move, but it never happened. So much for calling a top.

Is the Stock Market heading toward a cliff? :worthy:

Bud was a technical trader. Remember him blowing off the Knick game to go over charts? GG knew that the only thing Bud ever made money in was BlueStar winning that judgement.

BTW, the Dow is now positive for the day after being down 209.

Lesson learned: Never blow off the Knicks and chicks to stay up all night analyzing some dog sh-- stock. You'll end up pissing off your client AND best friend.