How many bids will the Big East and ACC receive?

eball

Seriously -- the Big East currently has 5 ranked teams, the ACC 4, and these unranked teams all have solid arguments to be at the dance:

Virginia, BC, Syracuse -- 10 wins in conference, should win 20 overall ('Cuse already there)

West Virginia, Villanova -- 8-7 in conference, 20 wins

Providence, DePaul -- 8-7 in conference

Crazy.

Seriously -- the Big East currently has 5 ranked teams, the ACC 4, and these unranked teams all have solid arguments to be at the dance:

Virginia, BC, Syracuse -- 10 wins in conference, should win 20 overall ('Cuse already there)

West Virginia, Villanova -- 8-7 in conference, 20 wins

Providence, DePaul -- 8-7 in conference

Crazy.

Guess the better question is "will the terps be a #1?" :thumbdown:

How many bids will the Big East and ACC receive?, Could amount to nearly 25% of the tournament!

It's like that every year. The ACC usually gets 5-6 bids and same with the Big East. Even before the Big East made the changes, it was the same way. Not much of a surprise. Most teams come from the Big East, ACC, and the Big 10.

I think from the big east you will see Pitt, Gtown, Marquette, Louisville, Notre Dame, Villanova & Syracuse.

From the ACC I think NC, Duke, Maryland, V Tech, Virginia & with their win over UNC yesterday G Tech.

From the Pac 10 you will see UCLA, WSU, Arizona, Stanford, Oregon & probably USC.

From the Big 10 you will see OSU, Wisky, Illinois, MSU & Indiana (I dont think purdue or michigan will get in)

From the SEC you will see Florida, Vandy, Tenn, Kentucky & Alabama(as long as they dont get knocked out of 1st rnd of the tourney)

From the Big 12 you will see Kansas, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech,

So from the BCS conferences I think you will see 33 - 35 teams, given the fact that there are 33 automatic bids it should leave about 8-12 at large bids for the middle majors. Im pretty sure BYU, Airforce & UNLV are in from the mountain west. So that leaves 5-7 at larges. With all the strong mid majors this year, you better believe someone is going to get the shaft with that few of at larges left.

I think from the big east you will see Pitt, Gtown, Marquette, Louisville, Notre Dame, Villanova & Syracuse.

From the ACC I think NC, Duke, Maryland, V Tech, Virginia & with their win over UNC yesterday G Tech.

From the Pac 10 you will see UCLA, WSU, Arizona, Stanford, Oregon & probably USC.

From the Big 10 you will see OSU, Wisky, Illinois, MSU & Indiana (I dont think purdue or michigan will get in)

From the SEC you will see Florida, Vandy, Tenn, Kentucky & Alabama(as long as they dont get knocked out of 1st rnd of the tourney)

From the Big 12 you will see Kansas, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech,

So from the BCS conferences I think you will see 33 - 35 teams, given the fact that there are 33 automatic bids it should leave about 8-12 at large bids for the middle majors. Im pretty sure BYU, Airforce & UNLV are in from the mountain west. So that leaves 5-7 at larges. With all the strong mid majors this year, you better believe someone is going to get the shaft with that few of at larges left.

You forgot BC in the ACC. 10 wins in this league means something. GA Tech helped their cause considerably by beating Carolina, but they probably need to win their last regular season game to get to .500 and then win one in the ACC Tourney. That would make them 9-9 in conference.

You forgot BC in the ACC. 10 wins in this league means something. GA Tech helped their cause considerably by beating Carolina, but they probably need to win their last regular season game to get to .500 and then win one in the ACC Tourney. That would make them 9-9 in conference.

The ACC is 9 deep this year. UNC, Duke, BC, Virginia, Va Tech. Maryland are all locks. Ga Tech, FSU, and Clemson all can make a claim at an at-large spot, provided they finish 7-9 in conference and win an ACC tourney game.

My bad, bc is definately going. It is going to be a shame seeing a team like Old Dominion or Hofstra left out.