Texans say goodbye to Eric Moulds

billfan63

I wouldn't bring him back. He'll be 34 in July and has averaged only 10 yards per catch the last two seasons. Maybe the offenses he's played in haven't helped him, but at his age, its more likely that he has lost a step or three. I think he's done and probably should have retired a season ago.

Moulds never liked Losman playing QB as he was not sold on him. Plus Losman go to guy has and will be Evans. The chance for Moulds to being the go to guy here is nil.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you guys are saying im saying i dont believe moulds is done.

You need to stop thinking with your heart and realize Eric Moulds is done. He was a shadow of himself his last year here, and he deserves what he's getting after wanting to leave Buffalo and blaming his declining speed and hands on everyone but himself. Watch some tape of his last year here, he was so slow off the line it wasn't funny, and he's now 2 years older!

Moulds never liked Losman playing QB as he was not sold on him. Plus Losman go to guy has and will be Evans. The chance for Moulds to being the go to guy here is nil.

Moulds clearly isnt a #1 receiver anymore but I think he could def compliment Evans as a #2 possession WR

if Stallworth doesnt resign in Philly I think Moulds ends up there

You need to stop thinking with your heart and realize Eric Moulds is done. He was a shadow of himself his last year here, and he deserves what he's getting after wanting to leave Buffalo and blaming his declining speed and hands on everyone but himself. Watch some tape of his last year here, he was so slow off the line it wasn't funny, and he's now 2 years older!

And yet he's still better than anyone that Bills call a "possession receiver" now.

no way do we bring him back. not after he publicly criticized the leader of our new team/new direction.

if moulds really wanted to play here, he'd still be here.

we dont need to live in the past anymore. he got stuck with a lot of bad QBs over his career, but he doesnt go out of his way to help those QBs at all either. he just sees them as an easy target to point his finger at when justifying hs greatness.

i appreciate his time he put in here, but lets move on.

Thats about right. Could be a nice possession WR and good blocker. Could also school the youngins and retire a Bill at the same time.

If by "school the youngins" you mean "teach them how to undermine the coaching staff" then he'd be a great fit. Thanks but no thanks. The Moulds/Flutie years were fun, but EM can finish his career elsewhere.

If by "school the youngins" you mean "teach them how to undermine the coaching staff" then he'd be a great fit. Thanks but no thanks. The Moulds/Flutie years were fun, but EM can finish his career elsewhere.

exactly!

what does it say about E-Mo that Price has become a valid veteran leader on this team, taking Parrish under his wing and being excited to come to work, and Moulds was released after criticizing our up-and-coming QB?

I'll take a guy like Price who has seen some hardships and was almost out of the league comletely, but was able to mount a comeback. He has learned some things about the way you approach this career.

Moulds was always babied and spoiled.

80% percent of those passes went his way.

So that means 20% of his catches were on balls that weren't even thrown to him? Wow...Johnson is even better than I thought!

I'd love to see Eric back in Buffalo, without the 8 figure cap hit.

And yet he's still better than anyone that Bills call a "possession receiver" now.

My understanding is that the title "Possession" receiver comes from the quaility of his hands. Moulds made a career on the other end of the receiver scale, being a physical and athletic guy. IMO his incredibly inconsistent hands and poor concentration disqualify him as being a viable candidate to play in the NFL as an effective Possession Receiver.

its official like a referee with a whistle

http://www.kffl.com/player/224/nfl

how about marv getting a good draft pick for this guy and the very next year he puts up a goose egg (kinda reminds me of when we lost peerless the first time).. remember when we drafted this guy??? marv said that moulds was the best natural return man he had seen play college football (that was marvs last year as head coach i believe too..)

i wouldn't mind bringing him back cheap and maybe he and price could duke it out for #2 reciever just for old times sake (they are buddies after all).

ill take an up and coming Parrish who is just learning the ways of the professional game, over an over-the-hill guy who costs too much and will be a huge locker room distraction.

im not sure how you rate "better". if its by asking the Eric Moulds who is better, than you are probably right.

ill take an up and coming Parrish who is just learning the ways of the professional game, over an over-the-hill guy who costs too much and will be a huge locker room distraction.

im not sure how you rate "better". if its by asking the Eric Moulds who is better, than you are probably right.

yea parrish is the man!!! i just wish he were a bit taller.. he is danty