The steal of this years draft

Frez

I think it is far too early to be calling anyone the steal of the draft, but I digress.

With all this talk about Roethlisberger, Wilfork, Roy Williams, Harris, Carey etc., am I to understand from everyone who has posted on this topic, that both Lee Evans and JP Losman are busts?

I sure don't. I think Losman has a bright future ahead of him, and I like what I have seen from Evans.

I think it is far too early to be calling anyone the steal of the draft, but I digress.

With all this talk about Roethlisberger, Wilfork, Roy Williams, Harris, Carey etc., am I to understand from everyone who has posted on this topic, that both Lee Evans and JP Losman are busts?

I sure don't. I think Losman has a bright future ahead of him, and I like what I have seen from Evans.

66226[/snapback]

It's not that Evans and Losman are busts but they aren't having the impact that some of the other players are having thus far. With the Bills being a veteran team, I said this at the time of the draft, we needed our 1st Round pick to be an impact player ie someone that could do something in their first year that could help us make the step up from missing to making the playoffs if not more. As I see/saw us having a window of this and next season that we could possible win a Super Bowl with the defense and veterans on offense we have now. While Evans has shown to be better then I thought he'd be, I still don't think he's making enough impact that a guy like a DE Will Smith would have been this year.

I think it's hard to call a top-10 guy a steal, no matter what. I mean, I'm impressed too, and he's a great pick, but it's not like Big Ben was a marginal prospect that was nabbed on Day 2. He was supposed to be the #2 guy taken after Manning until Rivers leaped up the charts. I think some people were talking about him being potentially better than Eli. Who hasn't played yet, so It's hard to say.

Usually players selected in the top half of the first round are expected to succeed, and thus are not normally considered "steals." I agree Roethlisberger is the real deal, and will likely go on to have an excellent career, and yes, had he fallen to the Bills I would have been thrilled had TD taken him. I'm still very optimistic that Evans and Losman are going to be winners for the Bills. I know when the team is losing, we all develop a case of "the grass is greener" syndrome, but I'm going to try and not worry too much about what players for other teams are doing.

Evans seems to give us one really big play each game--a HUGE play each game. That's a lot for a rookie. He could give us even more if we were able to give Bledsoe the time he needs to go deep.

66317[/snapback]

How about just GOING deep more than a couple times? Just have Bledsoe wait a couple seconds and heave it up to Evans, or Moulds? And I mean EARLY in the game.

way to early to call big ben a steal. besides he was drafted in the top ten. comparing all the rookies that were draftted this year i feel that roy williams from detroit has been more productive and has shown he is a gamer from week to week.