Bills might re-sign Anderson

San-O

Why would you try and keep the weakest link in the weakest chain you have?

"Surprisingly, the Bills offered a one-year, $850,000 contract to below-average tackle Tim Anderson on Monday, meaning they currently have a foursome of DTs. However, the stable of Larry Tripplett, Kyle Williams, John McCargo and Anderson isn't exactly striking fear into opposing offenses, nor has it proven itself as an effective group."

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/article...ions280207.html :thumbsup:

I think Buffalo is maybe looking to dump Anderson off onto another team who can better the offer. If so, what round pick would the team be compensated for, 3rd or 4th?

BTW, what's up with no offer being tendered to Hargrove? The team got him for a 5th round pick. If he walks, what does the team have to show for it? Get it done Marv. :thumbsup:

I think Buffalo is maybe looking to dump Anderson off onto another team who can better the offer. If so, what round pick would the team be compensated for, 3rd or 4th?

BTW, what's up with no offer being tendered to Hargrove? The team got him for a 5th round pick. If he walks, what does the team have to show for it? Get it done Marv. :thumbsup:

yeah, no tender offered yet is confusing/worrying me. BUT they have until... tomorrow(?) so i guess its not over yet

Why would you try and keep the weakest link in the weakest chain you have?

"Surprisingly, the Bills offered a one-year, $850,000 contract to below-average tackle Tim Anderson on Monday, meaning they currently have a foursome of DTs. However, the stable of Larry Tripplett, Kyle Williams, John McCargo and Anderson isn't exactly striking fear into opposing offenses, nor has it proven itself as an effective group."

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/article...ions280207.html :thumbsup:

They have only tendered an offer. All it means is that the Bills have right to match any long term offer from any other team.

I think it is a wise move. The bills don't know how the chips are going to fall in place until the draft. If the bills really don't get anyone in FA and don't get the coveted DT in the draft, then Tim provides a good backup. Agreed he sucked, but if Kyle Williams overtakes him and gets the starting job, Anderson will provide the veteran backup DT in the rotation.

If the Bills do find that DT in FA and in the draft, then they will be cutting him lose during training camp. His salary is guaranteed only if he is on the roster on opening day.

I read if Hargrove is let go, the Bills are compensated with a 3rd round pick. Can anyone verify this?

I read if Hargrove is let go, the Bills are compensated with a 3rd round pick. Can anyone verify this?

They have only tendered an offer. All it means is that the Bills have right to match any long term offer from any other team.

I think it is a wise move. The bills don't know how the chips are going to fall in place until the draft. If the bills really don't get anyone in FA and don't get the coveted DT in the draft, then Tim provides a good backup. Agreed he sucked, but if Kyle Williams overtakes him and gets the starting job, Anderson will provide the veteran backup DT in the rotation.

If the Bills do find that DT in FA and in the draft, then they will be cutting him lose during training camp. His salary is guaranteed only if he is on the roster on opening day.

OK, that makes sense then.

Thanks for the explanation, let's hope they don't have to exercise this option.