If Turner is worth a 1st & 3rd rder for compensation,

Tipster19

I can't believe that the Giants would squawk over a first day pick but people aren't disputing the compensation San Diego is seeking for RB Michael Turner. One would think that there would be some leverage in negotiating a contract with MaGahee. It may not be the time frame that we're hoping for but come draft day look for a deal to be struck. I hope Marv can stick to his guns and not settle for anything less than a 2nd rder in this year's draft. If Turner is worth anything close to a 1st and 3rd rder, then what should be fair compensation for MaGahee?

I can't believe that the Giants would squawk over a first day pick but people aren't disputing the compensation San Diego is seeking for RB Michael Turner. One would think that there would be some leverage in negotiating a contract with MaGahee. It may not be the time frame that we're hoping for but come draft day look for a deal to be struck. I hope Marv can stick to his guns and not settle for anything less than a 2nd rder in this year's draft. If Turner is worth anything close to a 1st and 3rd rder, then what should be fair compensation for MaGahee?

Right-on Nothing less than a 2nd. Let him sit and pout for a year ,if we can`t get any better.

You're comparing apples to ginger snaps. No one really knows what they'll get with Turner, where Willis has a limited, yet established track record. Turner is perception (you hope you're getting something great) and Willis is reality (you know what you're getting). You just can't compare the value of these two guys.

Um, the whole idea of a 1st and a 3rd for Turner is because he's a RESTRICTED free agent. He'll command a high enough salary where the rules say that if any other team signs him, they HAVE to provide a 1st and a 3rd as compensation.

That does NOT mean he is worth that much in a trade.

You're comparing apples to ginger snaps. No one really knows what they'll get with Turner, where Willis has a limited, yet established track record. Turner is perception (you hope you're getting something great) and Willis is reality (you know what you're getting). You just can't compare the value of these two guys.

Exactly. You might as well have asked, if Adrian Peterson is worth a top 5 overall draft pick, why isn't Willis worth a 2nd rounder...

Someone said in another post that next year there will quite a few RB's.

This year Mcgahee is the most deirable for any team trying to fill in a RB position quickly. With RB's in surplus next year, SD might let turner go at a reduced rate in draft picks since he wont play behind LT much and that next year his value will drop even more.

SD & the Bills could make it a 2nd pick this year and 3rd next year.

I'm keeping an eye on this RB.