Corey Simon

Dr. Trooth

This guy was a monster with Philly, get's traded to Indy and lays an egg. Then earlier this season Indy places him on the non football related injury list and refuses to pay him. The reports I've read do not disclose what this non football related injury, or illness is/was. All I know is that it was non life threatening. Some reports say it was something to do with the knee, and some say it was a mysterious illness. The last word was that Simon will be back next season.

Does anyone know what this non football thingy actually was?

In any case... if this guy comes back next season and is the same Corey Simon of a couple seasons back, teaming with Booger McFarland would make Indy's defense a formidable one.

This guy was a monster with Philly, get's traded to Indy and lays an egg. Then earlier this season Indy places him on the non football related injury list and refuses to pay him. The reports I've read do not disclose what this non football related injury, or illness is/was. All I know is that it was non life threatening. Some reports say it was something to do with the knee, and some say it was a mysterious illness. The last word was that Simon will be back next season.

Does anyone know what this non football thingy actually was?

In any case... if this guy comes back next season and is the same Corey Simon of a couple seasons back, teaming with Booger McFarland would make Indy's defense a formidable one.

I thought it was arthritis in his knee that is debilitating. If so, he's done.

I thought it was arthritis in his knee that is debilitating. If so, he's done.

The sources that I have in Indy told me that Corey just did not want to play football. He basically pissed off Polian and Irsay big time. The guy got 15 million to play in 14 games from the Colts and then left them high and dry. Irsay was in the paper at one point saying he would not give the guy another dime. Basically what I was told was every football player has pain/arthritis but this guy was a sissy and decided 15 million was enough and had no desire to play anymore. No source, no link other than a friend of mine that works within the organization.

The sources that I have in Indy told me that Corey just did not want to play football. He basically pissed off Polian and Irsay big time. The guy got 15 million to play in 14 games from the Colts and then left them high and dry. Irsay was in the paper at one point saying he would not give the guy another dime. Basically what I was told was every football player has pain/arthritis but this guy was a sissy and decided 15 million was enough and had no desire to play anymore. No source, no link other than a friend of mine that works within the organization.

I have a similar @sshole story about Simon from when he was with the Eagles....so that really wouldn't surprise me. But I was also under the impression that he had a degenerative knee condition that was basically going to end his career. Very easily could have been the cover story...better than telling the world that your big FA signee was a puss and just didn't want to play anymore.