New Draft Tek Mock

Astrobot

DraftTek here has unveiled its updated computer mock, and we'd take Patrick Willis ILB in RD#1, followed by Cal's Brandon Mebane at DT in RD#2. Auburn's David Irons is our CB pick in RD#3, and Steve Smith from USC is our WR in RD#4.

I like the picks but have a couple of comments.

First, Mebane is another McCargo-Williams type. Here's a great article on how he's double-teamed so much that his teammates get all the glory (including CB Daymeon Hughes and their LB's): here

I have no quibble with Irons, and love the Steve Smith pick. It is unrealistic to think that we get Smith in RD#4, but the computer knows all.

It's good to be back after seeing the grandkids in Austin (temps in the high 70's)...

Astro

I think this is a good argument for taking a jumbo DT out of free agency. No 2nd Round DT is a one gap guy, and the quality tails off after that.

If you think Okoye won't be there at 12.

Trouble is, we won't know and come to think of it, who are the jumbo one gap DTs available in FA?

DraftTek here has unveiled its updated computer mock, and we'd take Patrick Willis ILB in RD#1, followed by Cal's Brandon Mebane at DT in RD#2. Auburn's David Irons is our CB pick in RD#3, and Steve Smith from USC is our WR in RD#4.

I like the picks but have a couple of comments.

First, Mebane is another McCargo-Williams type. Here's a great article on how he's double-teamed so much that his teammates get all the glory (including CB Daymeon Hughes and their LB's): here

I have no quibble with Irons, and love the Steve Smith pick. It is unrealistic to think that we get Smith in RD#4, but the computer knows all.

It's good to be back after seeing the grandkids in Austin (temps in the high 70's)...

Astro

I agree with Smith running 4.4s at the combine he'll likely be off the board in Round 4 of course I'd prefer a WR with a little more size but have to admit if the draft fell like that I'd be pretty happy.