a QUESTION regarding McGahee

DrDawkinstein

isnt he a Restricted Free Agent after this season?

if so, we really dont have to worry about trying to pull off the "tag-him-and-trade-him" BS move.

if not, when did we re-sign him?... maybe i missed something along the way, i wouldnt doubt it.

no, he is not a RFA next year. this year will be his 4th year in the league. most 1st round picks never become RFA's because of the length of term of their original contract being at least 4 years long.

from kffl.com free agency definitions:

» Unrestricted Free Agents (UFA) - Players with four years or more of NFL experience who can sign with their own team or any other team in the NFL. If they leave their previous team the team that signs them can do so without having to award the previous team compensation.

» Restricted Free Agents (RFA) - Players with three years of NFL experience. Like an unrestricted free agent they are free to negotiate with any team however the current team has the right to match any offer and if they do so they retain the rights to the player. Failure to meet the offer means the player is awarded to the new team but the new team must give the old team compensation in the form of draft picks.

i am also an enthusiastic "Okoye to the Bills at pick #12" supporter!!!

i am too, i just hope he's still there. ive said before that every year there is a player i reeeeally want the bills to take and he always gets snatched a couple picks before we have a chance. AJ Hawk, Roy Williams, etc.

i am too, i just hope he's still there. ive said before that every year there is a player i reeeeally want the bills to take and he always gets snatched a couple picks before we have a chance. AJ Hawk, Roy Williams, etc.

Maybe that's because we covet players that are valued a couple spots ABOVE where we pick, rather than a couple spots BELOW where we pick. =)