SD "Reportedly" Shopping RB Turner

well, he's a rfa, so what we have to give them depends on their tender.

they dont get to dictate that "we want 2 1sts and a 3rd for our guy", these compensation rules are already set up

yes, they are. but they can give him the max tender, to ensure a 1st and 3rd round pick as compensation. if a team wants him for less than that, they can negotiate a trade for whatever the Chargers are agreeable. that is how they can dictate what they receive.

Nope. If you can draft three good players you don't take a risk on a guy who has been a backup, even if he's backing up the best player at his position.

Didn't we already go through this plucking a guy who had some sharp numbers backing up Mark Brunell, trading two picks, one of which turned out to be a fine running back? Not smart. Take the chance to get more good players rather than betting on some supposed sure thing. Thurman Thomas was a 2nd rounder considered an injury risk. We all know how that turned out.

They want draft picks; at least a 1st rounder included plus whatever.

He's shown ability; something I would take over any RB right now in the draft with "potential".

How to pull this off and still fill holes in the bills offense \ defense?

I thought Turner was a FA this year?

nowhere in this story does it say that the Bills are interested in Turner. all it says is that the Bills will not go after Turner because of the compensation that will likely be involved. so don't worry about giving up too much for him. they won't be giving up anything to get him.

nowhere in this story does it say that the Bills are interested in Turner. all it says is that the Bills will not go after Turner because of the compensation that will likely be involved. so don't worry about giving up too much for him. they won't be giving up anything to get him.

I didn't see anything from a bills response that they were not interested.

Turner pulled off a 6.something yards average per carry.

A career back? LOL - u think LT had something to do with that?

If it came down to adrian peterson at pick number 12 or throwing the 1st to SD for turner, i would hope they took turner.

If it came down to adrian peterson at pick number 12 or throwing the 1st to SD for turner, i would hope they took turner.

ok, you got me. but nowhere does it say they are interested. the blog mentions his name to illustrate why the Bills would be likely be interested in one type of RFA as opposed to one such as Turner who will require heavy compensation to acquire. it is my belief that they will not be interested. just as you stated in your first post , the Bills have too many other holes.

lucky for the Bills, Peterson will be long gone before they would have the opportunity to grab him at #12. Turner is not worth the #12 overall for a team with so many other needs with many quality players they will have to choose from at that spot. if someone were to trade for Turner, i believe it would be a team in the lower portion of Round 1. the Jets or Ravens come to mind.

I am from the charger area and I can tell you...

This guy is the real deal.....he is starting material

In the 2008 season, he will be second in total rushing yards (only to LT).

SD wants to cash in on this guy because he's too valuable to be a backup RB. That's why in the bills website they said that SD is shopping him around for draft picks.

When Turner is on the field and Tomlinson is not, could be that the opposing defense is thinking a bit more about the pass....

When Turner is on the field and Tomlinson is not, could be that the opposing defense is thinking a bit more about the pass....

no doubt, Turner can play. but, normally when Turner is in the game, it is because LT has just busted off a long run (or many in a row) and needs a breather so Turner comes in when the defense is winded. other times, he comes in at the end of a blowout when the other team's defense has been beat up all game long. his stats are somewhat misleading in that way.

Turner can play and will likely be a good starter somewhere. but not even LT averages 6 yds/carry....

I am from the charger area and I can tell you...

This guy is the real deal.....he is starting material

What it the case of Turner picking up garbage yards? Is this RB just an overhyped backup living in the shadows of LT?

Or as you say "the real deal" and since you probably saw all his games, gives us a "why" you think he's good?

Turners built like bowling ball, and goes downhill as fast as one. The one thing I do question is his diversity. Buffalo wants a guy that can be effective as a receiver, and Turner has short arms with bad hands.. In his three years with the Chargers he's only caught 7 passes. I would avoid him for that and the high draft pick. I do think he will do well if he goes to the right team.

Nope. If you can draft three good players you don't take a risk on a guy who has been a backup, even if he's backing up the best player at his position.

Didn't we already go through this plucking a guy who had some sharp numbers backing up Mark Brunell, trading two picks, one of which turned out to be a fine running back? Not smart. Take the chance to get more good players rather than betting on some supposed sure thing. Thurman Thomas was a 2nd rounder considered an injury risk. We all know how that turned out.

Ummmm, who's to say that the players you would draft would become "good players." If you want to talk taking a risk I believe the draft is the ultimate crap shoot.

Turners built like bowling ball, and goes downhill as fast as one. The one thing I do question is his diversity. Buffalo wants a guy that can be effective as a receiver, and Turner has short arms with bad hands.. In his three years with the Chargers he's only caught 7 passes. I would avoid him for that and the high draft pick. I do think he will do well if he goes to the right team.

DO you think LT had something to do with that too?