Following Through on whipping threat

plenzmd1

From the washington post this morning. What say ye. (i have excerpted some sentences for brevity, link to whole story)

Prince George's County public schools officials are investigating an incident in which the aunt of a second-grader at a county charter school ordered him to remove his pants and underwear and whipped him in front of his teacher and classmates Friday.

Corporal punishment is banned in Maryland public schools, but the law allows a parent to discipline a child so long as it is not excessive or unreasonable. White said that it was unclear whether the aunt's action was illegal because it took place on school grounds but that the teacher could be disciplined if it is determined that she allowed the beating in her class.

In his letter to parents, Jones wrote, "The teacher did not participate or have knowledge that this was going to occur."

Paula J. Reitan, whose daughter said she saw the whipping, sent an e-mail to school authorities and news outlets Saturday describing the incident.

"The last time [the student's] mom had been called to the school, she warned that the next time she was called to the school, she was going to give him a whooping in front of the entire class," Reitan wrote in the e-mail. "That is precisely what the aunt did. . . . She had [him] stand in the middle of the classroom before all his classmates. He was told to pull down his pants and his underpants. He was then beaten with a belt by his aunt."

It was unclear what precipitated the whipping.

Reitan's daughter was shocked: "She cannot stop talking about . . . how disgusting it was to watch. . . . In my opinion, this event will never be forgotten by my daughter."

Reitan said she had withdrawn her child from school yesterday.

Think its awesome the threat was followed through as sounds like secind time she had been called cause the kid screwing up. But the belt maybe a tad excessive

My question is: WTF was the kid's aunt doing in the classroom? Or on school property at all?

The root problem IMO is that parents think they have the 'right' to disrupt the school day because at some point it became acceptable behavior. All part of the 'me' generation.

My sister is an elementary school teacher and the stories are endless.....parents questioning the homework, parents wanting to come into the classroom with 'snacks' so they are sure their kid doesn't eat anything else, parents who refuse to believe their little angel could do anything wrong, parents who want to come into the school with disinfectant wipes to clean all the door knobs during the day (yes this was an actual request).

Nonsense like this is what happens when we stop having the balls to tell people: Get the !@#$ out of here; you'll see your kid at 3:00 and if you don't like it, send them to private school.

She had [him] stand in the middle of the classroom before all his classmates. He was told to pull down his pants and his underpants. He was then beaten with a belt by his aunt."

If someone decides to take the aunt into a public place and beat the living !@#$ out of her, tell them I'm willing to pay admission to watch.

Stupid cuint.