U.S. sending a strong message to Pakistan

Cheney asked Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf to take tougher action against Taliban militants and sympathizers on his side of the largely lawless and porous border, where U.S. commanders say the rebels are sheltering and training.

Yes, we have every right to lecture Pakistan on the consequences of a lawless, unsecured border. :worthy:

So you think that when we talk to foreign countries its a one sided debate? That they sit there and take their scoldings? !@#$ing moron.

Yes, I clearly wrote that whenever the U.S. talks to any country at all, they passively sit there and listen to our criticism. Thank you so much for clearly seeing what others couldn't, and for brilliantly pointing out the error of my ways. It would take an absolute genius to figure out that communication is a two-way street; but you at least have grasped that very elusive point. It's too bad that a point which was so easily within your grasp is so hard for anyone else at all to understand. Perhaps you should write a doctoral dissertation on the subject, entitled, "Not Every Country Does as the U.S. Says." Such an unheard-of insight would revolutionize the world of diplomacy!

Yes, I clearly wrote that whenever the U.S. talks to any country at all, they passively sit there and listen to our criticism. Thank you so much for clearly seeing what others couldn't, and for brilliantly pointing out the error of my ways. It would take an absolute genius to figure out that communication is a two-way street; but you at least have grasped that very elusive point. It's too bad that a point which was so easily within your grasp is so hard for anyone else at all to understand. Perhaps you should write a doctoral dissertation on the subject, entitled, "Not Every Country Does as the U.S. Says." Such an unheard-of insight would revolutionize the world of diplomacy!

With your history of responses, to the most easiest of questions, you have this uncanny ability to look like a complete idiot. Thanks for clearing that up.

Your response was vague and open ended with no closing, therefore you got what you deserved.

To refresh your memory, even though it was not more than an hour ago:

"Yes, we have every right to lecture Pakistan on the consequences of a lawless, unsecured border. :worthy: "

Yup, that says it all right there. :)

With your history of responses, to the most easiest of questions, you have this uncanny ability to look like a complete idiot. Thanks for clearing that up.

Your response was vague and open ended with no closing, therefore you got what you deserved.

To refresh your memory, even though it was not more than an hour ago:

"Yes, we have every right to lecture Pakistan on the consequences of a lawless, unsecured border. :worthy: "

Yup, that says it all right there. :)

You're using phrases like "most easiest of questions," and you think I'm the one who has an "uncanny ability to look like a complete idiot." :)

No, if I wanted to look like a complete idiot, I'd try to convince people that the following two statements mean the same thing:

"The U.S. government lectured Pakistan's government."

"The U.S. government lectured Pakistan's government. Pakistan's government passively listened to the lecture, and immediately agreed to comply with each of the U.S. government's wishes. This is because the communications and interactions between the two governments are always one-sided, with the U.S. government getting everything it demands."

Yes, we have every right to lecture Pakistan on the consequences of a lawless, unsecured border. :worthy:

Of course, the official position on the border of the people living on both sides of that border is "What border?" Not that you'd know any more about that than you do anything else.

But hey...let's lecture Musharraf on their lack of control on a border that doesn't exist between a province Pakistan don't control and a country no one controls. Wonderful !@#$ing diplomacy. Almost Holcombian in its stupidity. Almost.

Of course, the official position on the border of the people living on both sides of that border is "What border?" Not that you'd know any more about that than you do anything else.

But hey...let's lecture Musharraf on their lack of control on a border that doesn't exist between a province Pakistan don't control and a country no one controls. Wonderful !@#$ing diplomacy. Almost Holcombian in its stupidity. Almost.

You sound just like a government official. Just the other day, I read a comment from the State Department that said, "Holcombs_Arm wouldn't be aware of this, but there's a low-level guerrilla war taking place between China and Islamic rebels. Indeed, conditions have been worsening." A treasury official reported that, "while Holcombs_Arm may lack the background to make solid macroeconomic predictions, we believe our forecast is the best possible given the available data . . ."

So don't worry: it's perfectly normal to combine economic, political, or military analysis with apparently irrelevant criticisms directed at me.

With Cheney inside, a suicide bomber blew himself up in Afghanistan today, and the Taliban claimed he was the target, even though he was unhurt. Because of the recent surge in violence in Afghanistan and Pakistan, Cheney, tough as always, responded by immediately stepping up his plans to blow up Peru.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenew...0_UK-CHENEY.xml

You sound just like a government official. Just the other day, I read a comment from the State Department that said, "Holcombs_Arm wouldn't be aware of this, but there's a low-level guerrilla war taking place between China and Islamic rebels. Indeed, conditions have been worsening." A treasury official reported that, "while Holcombs_Arm may lack the background to make solid macroeconomic predictions, we believe our forecast is the best possible given the available data . . ."

So don't worry: it's perfectly normal to combine economic, political, or military analysis with apparently irrelevant criticisms directed at me.

Just another day of highlighting your idiocy with actual facts...

With Cheney inside, a suicide bomber blew himself up in Afghanistan today, and the Taliban claimed he was the target, even though he was unhurt. Because of the recent surge in violence in Afghanistan and Pakistan, Cheney, tough as always, responded by immediately stepping up his plans to blow up Peru.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenew...0_UK-CHENEY.xml

Let's just send Cheney to every town in Iraq and Afganistan and maybe we could get 1,000 more Islamic Terrorists to blow themselves up. Go Cheney, giv'em hell.

Just another day of highlighting your idiocy with actual facts...

My original post pointed out the hypocrisy of lecturing Pakistan on its non-secure border with Afghanistan, while the U.S. government has only a token effort in place to secure our own border with Mexico. The facts you mentioned had nothing at all to do with my post.

My original post pointed out the hypocrisy of lecturing Pakistan on its non-secure border with Afghanistan, while the U.S. government has only a token effort in place to secure our own border with Mexico. The facts you mentioned had nothing at all to do with my post.

Yeah, the fact that NO ONE IN THE COUNTRIES THAT SHARE SAID BORDER RECOGNIZE ITS EXISTENCE certainly has nothing to do with securing said fictitious border. God, you're a retard. :lol:

Yeah, the fact that NO ONE IN THE COUNTRIES THAT SHARE SAID BORDER RECOGNIZE ITS EXISTENCE certainly has nothing to do with securing said fictitious border. God, you're a retard. :thumbsup:

My post was about the hypocrisy of the Bush administration's stance on Pakistan. You point out the people who live near the Afghan/Pakistani border don't recognize its existence. Fine. But you seemed to think your observations to that effect undercut my statements about the Bush administration's hypocrisy. If anything, they reinforced my assertion; because the task of securing the Mexican border would be significantly easier than securing the Afghan/Pakistani border.