Pogues Lyrics

linksfiend

I appreciate Cadillac using a Pogues song in thei new commercial (seen during Saturday's Sabres game). However are the lyrics "a heart full of hate and a lust for vomit" appropriate for a commercial?

Any song other than that John Mellancamp GM one is a welcome break. Very gutsy that they would use the Pogues.

I appreciate Cadillac using a Pogues song in thei new commercial (seen during Saturday's Sabres game). However are the lyrics "a heart full of hate and a lust for vomit" appropriate for a commercial?

Oh absolutely they're appropriate for a commercial. But I'm thinking more Campbell's Chucky Vegetable Beef, not a car.

Any song other than that John Mellancamp GM one is a welcome break. Very gutsy that they would use the Pogues.

Sadly, it will likely be Shane's biggest paycheck ever!

Remember the days when a real "rock star" would never in a million years hock a product...now it seems your music career is a collassal flop if you don't promote a product, other than your own music...remember the grilling Eric Clapton took for doing a Miller commercial? I kind of miss those days...love the Pouges, just kind of sickened that anything can be baught nowadays...

Remember the days when a real "rock star" would never in a million years hock a product...now it seems your music career is a collassal flop if you don't promote a product, other than your own music...remember the grilling Eric Clapton took for doing a Miller commercial? I kind of miss those days...love the Pouges, just kind of sickened that anything can be baught nowadays...

It seemed that most of the Clapton flack was due to the fact that he was a "recovering" alcoholic.

Anyway, maybe Shane can get those bad teeth fixed now.

I guess if you put yourself in thier shoes it may be different. Harder for rock and punk groups to make money these days. Getting squeezed out of the market by the fraud that is hip hop and rap. Sad. Have to take the cash when the opportunity comes, no?

How about Iggy Pop in the other caddy commercial?

Seems like old-school punk rock is back in style.

The record store I am working at, is going to have the Stooges (with Iggy) performing in a couple of weeks, it is going to be awesome! :blink:

I guess if you put yourself in thier shoes it may be different. Harder for rock and punk groups to make money these days. Getting squeezed out of the market by the fraud that is hip hop and rap. Sad. Have to take the cash when the opportunity comes, no?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't begrudge the artists, especially those that have "paid their dues", just bemoaning the crassnness that our music culture seems to vigourously embrace...sometimes, I hear a record by an artist (Sheryl Crow comes immediately to mind) and every song on their record sounds like it was written as the soundtrack for some commercial. It bums me out that Nick Drake, as supremely talanted as he was while he was alive, couldn't sell a record if his life depended on it. Now, thirty years, a suicide, and one Volkswagon commercial later, he is a pop superstar!

A buddy of mine, who is an amazing songwriter, did a Clartin D commercial, with his wife, because they had twins on the way...I think he was genuinely embarassed when anyone mentioned it to him...

How about Iggy Pop in the other caddy commercial?

Seems like old-school punk rock is back in style.

It is all about the cycle of "power"... Guess what age group is sitting in that driver seat (making the decisions) now?...

I am 39... My age group...

Things will only get better from the last ten years and reliving the fashion abortion you call the 1970's...

Notice how things go around every 20 or so years... IMO, it is that age group in "control" of those decisions that tend to revive past styles...

Are teen boys starting to wear pink again? All that style/fashion/music gets relived... Because kids reflect back to what their parents did...

Just my take...