Tim Anderson reportedly tendered

JoeF

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are bitching about this? give me a breeeak...

I'm not high on TA either, but it wouldn't make sense to NOT tender a guy at 850K when you know that so many teams are in need of *depth* at DT, us included. 850K. And all the leverage...to get a 3rd round pick? Not likely. But I'm sure there are a few teams out there willing to give up a 4th or certainly a 5th for an experienced DT. If you let him walk, someone's going to sign him. Might as well see if you can get something, take the guy to camp, and then either see if he's turned the corner, or THEN let him walk, with no hit to the cap.

Why? Every team generally puts out such tenders to their own...unless there are some irreconcilable differences.

He shouldn't be wasting his mental resources on Timmy. He does have other pressing he needs to be attending to as opposed to putting time in with a guy who cant play and proved it and was backed up by a lack of faith from the coaches.

No?

Unless of course we are just going to be lining up mediocre players to stock the team with.

I think they could have gone downtown to the location where the new Federal courthouse is going to be built and picked one of those guys waiting for that job to start and had a better player.

Maybe Tim will say uh huh and demand more money.

Why? Every team generally puts out such tenders to their own younger players...unless there are some irreconcilable differences.

S.I.C., this player is particularly bad. He cannot rush the qb, and gets pushed up and down the field on running plays. He doesn't seem strong, and he is slow.

I have zero idea what these guys are thinking even considering putting him on our roster. Seriously.

He shouldn't be wasting his mental resources on Timmy. He does have other pressing he needs to be attending to as opposed to putting time in with a guy who cant play and proved it and was backed up by a lack of faith from the coaches.

No?

Unless of course we are just going to be lining up mediocre players to stock the team with.

I think they could have gone downtown to the location where the new Federal courthouse is going to be built and picked one of those guys waiting for that job to start and had a better player.

Maybe Tim will say uh huh and demand more money.

OK. If he falls out of that "generally retained" catagory, then go he must.

I just point out that the usual practice is to retain. In timely fashion.

S.I.C., this player is particularly bad. He cannot rush the qb, and gets pushed up and down the field on running plays. He doesn't seem strong, and he is slow.

I have zero idea what these guys are thinking even considering putting him on our roster. Seriously.

Perhaps the old adage - "The devil you know, better than the devil you don't"?

Bum he may be, but assuming the re-sign carries a minimal re-signing bonus, they must line up someone better before gutting a roster.

I don't suppose a subsequent cut of Anderson would break their bank, also.

1) The tender deadline is Thursday. So anyone mad about "Why Hargrove didn't get tendered" has really gotten the cart before the horse. This whole Anderson tender is still a "source" and not yet fact, either.

2) Its a base tender. if he continues to be as ineffective as he's always been, he probably won't even make the team this upcoming year. either way you haven't lost much and there's always the possibility (however slim) that the lights might go on for him being in the system another year and he could become a decent contributor.

you guys are bitching about this? give me a breeeak...

I'm not high on TA either, but it wouldn't make sense to NOT tender a guy at 850K when you know that so many teams are in need of *depth* at DT, us included. 850K. And all the leverage...to get a 3rd round pick? Not likely. But I'm sure there are a few teams out there willing to give up a 4th or certainly a 5th for an experienced DT. If you let him walk, someone's going to sign him. Might as well see if you can get something, take the guy to camp, and then either see if he's turned the corner, or THEN let him walk, with no hit to the cap.

i enjoy your posts but this isn't going to happen.

if any team in the NFL offers the Bills a 5th rounder for Tim Anderson, I will eat a dozen apples and sh-- you a fruit salad.