Who Really Won the Fight- Anyone

millbank

it doesnt really matter who landed more/better punches in this case. the important part is that the famously "finesse" buffalo sabres were able to stand up AS A TEAM against a bunch of bullies. this 2 game series may be the exact thing needed to launch this team into the cup. there were plenty of questions, and plenty of people asking those questions, about our grit and toughness. and in a matter of 3 days we showed the entire league that you do NOT F with the buffalo sabres! WE DO THE F-ING AROUND HERE!

Peters put in that good righter early, but McGratten got the best of him there. Those stealth ones he put in right at the end after pretending to be bracing himself against the wall --- that seemed a little cheap, but then again if it were Peters, I'd pro'ly cheer.

The Mair-Neil fight last night... Neil, I guess, wants a reputation as a goon. But he then took it to Mair.

I agree that it's good to put everyone on notice that the Sabres will not be afraid to fight and protect our stars. OTOH, can't let other teams dictate the style of play, away from what's gotten our guys to 85 points thus far.

Peters - Mcgrattan

Listened to game with Ottawa announcers, the way they told it Mcgrattan clearly won fight. Heard Buffalo announcers, they claimed Peters did. So watching with a unbiased eye , who did win , either of them. Looked even to me unless you count a take down as a win.

Even???

What are you an Ottawa fan? :wallbash:

Of course Peters won!!

Peters put in that good righter early, but McGratten got the best of him there. Those stealth ones he put in right at the end after pretending to be bracing himself against the wall --- that seemed a little cheap, but then again if it were Peters, I'd pro'ly cheer.

The Mair-Neil fight last night... Neil, I guess, wants a reputation as a goon. But he then took it to Mair.

I agree that it's good to put everyone on notice that the Sabres will not be afraid to fight and protect our stars. OTOH, can't let other teams dictate the style of play, away from what's gotten our guys to 85 points thus far.

Peters got in some good punches, ripped-off his own helmet after knocking McGrattan's off, and didn't throw punches while on the ice. Peters wins.

As for the Sabres letting other teams dictate, they lost mostly because they had 6 AHL'ers in their lineup, going against a completely healthy Ottawa team, on the road. If anything, despite the win, the Sens should be ashamed of their play.

Peters got in some good punches, ripped-off his own helmet after knocking McGrattan's off, and didn't throw punches while on the ice. Peters wins.

As for the Sabres letting other teams dictate, they lost mostly because they had 6 AHL'ers in their lineup, going against a completely healthy Ottawa team, on the road. If anything, despite the win, the Sens should be ashamed of their play.

Oh, I wasn't so much talking about that re: this past game, where it was simple revenge stuff --- just as we go forward and the guys start growing their beards, if they have to change style wily-nily (and clubs getting an inclination that targeting certain players and lots of fighting disrupts said style)... that would make me uncomfortable if I'm Lindy.

McGratton looks like he got more punches in, but Peters got better punches in and ripped off his own helmet to keep things fair. McGratton was later shown in the penalty box holding his face/head due to the beating he just took. Peters looked just fine.

Oh, I wasn't so much talking about that re: this past game, where it was simple revenge stuff --- just as we go forward and the guys start growing their beards, if they have to change style wily-nily (and clubs getting an inclination that targeting certain players and lots of fighting disrupts said style)... that would make me uncomfortable if I'm Lindy.

If anything, the Sabres showing they're ready to take all comers would send a message to the rest of the league. Teams have been taking liberties with them all season. Finally they've started fighting back. And the thing is, they're still winning, even with AHL'ers.