How much are teams lying to fake out opponents on draft?

Pyrite Gal

I think the answer is likely quite a bit and this fan hopes the Bills do lie to me in order to disadvantage the enemy.

This trade McGahee thing is interesting and perhaps even a good idea in terms of football if the Bills have some other effort in the works so that they neither are depending upon a fellow like Thomas Jones who has shown no capability of being a #1 NFL RB in 4 years or banking on an unproven in the NFL talent such as a draft choice (even a 1st rounder of the quality of a Larry Johnson gained all of not even 600 yards even in his SECOND year and produced about 100 yards in his first year).

However, in the case of either team even if they have no intention of concluding a deal unless the other team makes them a silly offer (the Giants would be silly to give up more than a 3rd and the Bills would be silly to take less than a 1st plus whatever else is needed to get a more reliable starting RB than depending upon the draft crapshoot or Thomas) it may well serve their interest to let other parties think that in the Giants case they are desperately looking at McGahee even if they are not or for the Bills to let the pundits put the Bills draft needs down to include RB even if what they really have targeted is a player in the trenches for their 1st.

In fact, this fan demands that his government tell me the truth about what they are doing with my tax dollars even if it makes it harder to win a warm, but in this game of football, I demand that the team I root for simply lie to me if they perceive this lie is going to give them an advantage in the draft or in negotiations with a player so we have as much cap room as possible to spend on other needs.

One fan posted that the ESPN article makes it official we want to move McGahee. Yeah right, I take the media's report an a outlet like ESPN which makes its money from entertainment rather than accuracy with a grain of salt, The fact that teams are making an active effort to fool opponents about their strategy makes me take all these pronouncements (particularly those that site sources rather than specific names as the owner of the quote with not simply a grain, but in fact with a boulder of salt.

All of them. They're all trying to jockey for position and feign interest in certain players. 326 college players were invited to the combine. Most likely some of them will be selected. As for the players on their roster, Buffalo needs to be more savvy in the front office about players to trade. You can show your a card or two, but not your whole hand.